So my WW asked me this last night. I also saw anothe post on this. I want to give my WW an answer becuase lately I have been feeling like she isn't doing enough but couldn't put down what exactly I need more from her. I wanted to be specific so she knows exactly what I need. Here is my letter to her. I hope this helps anyone else in my boat:
So last night you asked me what more you can do and what I need from you. The question took me off guard because as I have been feeling like I need more from you but I couldn’t really put it down exactly what I need. We have also been questioning if we should be bringing it up and how often we should talk about it. Here is a definition I saw of Rug sweeping - Rug sweeping happens when you feel like you're both on the same page in terms of wanting to Reconcile. You feel like you have the whole story, a reasonable understanding of "why," and two people who just want to move forward and "get over it." This concerned me because I know that’s kind of where we are at and what we are feeling. We want to get past this and move forward. I just don’t want to get over it. I want to heal through it together.
So here are some jumbled thoughts on what I think I really need from you:
1. Being Open with me – Please continue to do this. I love it when you open up to me, let your walls down, tell me anything and everything you are feeling. Even if you fear it will hurt my feelings please talk to me about it because that is the type of relationship I want. A REAL one where we both feel safe telling each other the good, bad and the ugly. Honestly, when the bad comes out I need you to be there for me to pick me up. I also want to be there for you to pick you up. If we just let it pass because we have been doing “so well” we rob each other of the ability to comfort each other. I know lately we have been questioning how often and healthy it is to bring it up or talk about it. I really think the answer to that is we should be VERY honest about our emotions. Whether it is related or not. I often want to know what you are going through and how you are feeling just as much as you do for me. We are in this to heal together and to create the marriage we have always dreamed of having. Yes be both have some scars but as we always talk about… now is our time to build this to be amazing. It will take time but the journey will be amazing and worth it.
2. Working on You – I would like to see you a bit more proactive on you working on yourself. I would like to see you in individual Counseling more often (Like 2 weeks in a row then the next week MC and the week after we take a week off). I would like to read the books we have together. Finish 5 Love Languages and actually apply what we learn from that. I would also like you to start on the new book we got.
3. Affirmation - (the little things) Please keep doing them. The note you left me, making dinner for me, getting me little things because you were thinking about me. When we first got back together you used to text me and send me message about life and how grateful you are to have me and how much you appreciate everyday life. I am not saying you don’t still do those things. I appreciate every time you do. But those things show me you are thinking about me and I crossed your mind enough for you to go out of your way for me.
4. You can never tell me sorry enough –If it pops in your head that you are sorry please feel free to tell me. Don’t worry about bringing it up. Because as much as you are sorry is as much as I need to hear it.
5. Intimacy - You have been working on this A LOT lately. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that. Please keep it up. I have always wanted you to initiate and now you do so Thank You. I would like to continue to explore our sexuality together to see where we can take that intimacy. Thank you for the efforts you have been putting in on that department. But I am not talking only about sexual intimacy. Emotional intimacy, financial intimacy & spiritual intimacy (I feel we are getting better but it would be nice to get even closer in all these areas)
I also just wanted to say I appreciate you. I appreciate you for committing to Reconciliation. I appreciate you for being open and honest with me when I needed you to answer probably the most difficult questions you have had to answer honestly. I appreciate you for committing to helping me heal through this. . I appreciate you for being remorseful and regretful. I appreciate you for pushing me to work on myself. I appreciate you for working on yourself and the issues you have had as a girl growing up. I appreciate you for pushing yourself to be a better mom and wife. I appreciate you for going through this journey to build a better life and marriage with me. I know in the past you have felt that you weren’t loved (from your parents, from your siblings and from me) but I want you to know I truly love you. I love where we are at and what we are working toward. If we could rewrite our story I am sure we would both change many things in there. Who knows if any of those things were to change we would be where we are at today. Since we lost each other we know what we have and know what we lost. Now we both know what we want out of life and out of our life together.
So those are a few specific and general things I need, want more of and am grateful for. I hope you have an amazing day knowing you are loved and appreciated!!!