Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Mojo Request

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

betrayedfriend posted 4/23/2013 12:39 PM

I had a post all typed and realized it sounded disjointed... I'm just really excited lol

Ok so let me try this again :)

My husband hates his job... well, we all hate his job, really. He is a Maintenance Manager at a national sandwich manufacturing plant, he heads up a team of maintenance guys and makes sure the bakery and production facilities stay running with little downtime. Being a manager he is salaried so his pay is based off of a 40 hour work week, but he is expected to work at least 50. Most weeks he puts in between 70-80 hours He is also on call 24/7 for emergencies and breakdowns in the plant, which means on any given day after working 10-14 hours, like normal, he may have to turn around and go back, which ends up happening at least 4 times a week. he also is on call every weekend and has to log in from home, and actually go into the plant if needed, he's had to go in nearly every day since Christmas. His immediate boss is an ass, who has decided to micromanage (immediate boss is relatively new to the company) He's created a lot of bad blood, and a hostile work environment. So that brings me to the mojo request.

Over the years Husband has been contacted by every boss he's ever worked for except for the most recent new guy, with offers for employment, and the time has never been right. Either the offers have come at a time when switching jobs wasn't feasible, or when pay wasn't comparable. He got a call from a former boss last week. Former Boss told him of an opening in the company he works for, that is in Former Bosses words "yours, if you want it". This job is for a traveling mechanic position, where he would be managing himself, he would have better pay, better benefits, and better hours, however he would be traveling 50-60% of the time. The other 50-40% of the time would be spent working in the plant about 30 minutes from our house.

On the days he works at the local plant, he'd be at work for 8.5 hours a day, 5 days a week. No weekends. When he's traveling he'd be working 12 hour days at time and a half, and be home on the weekends, on the occasional holiday he'd make two and a half times base rate of pay. All travel expenses would be paid for, including hotel, flights, and rental cars. He'd be expected to fly cheap, but the hotel is paid for up to $170 a night, and in more expensive pars of the country that rate goes up. He can pick his rental car, and the company will pay for it. And he gets to use the miles accrued and rewards accrued for himself and for us. They don't care if we travel along with him (me and our three kids) He would get a $60 a day food allowance, and gets paid from the minute he steps into the airport.

The benefits are great insurance, with vision and dental. a up to 6% matched 401k, a company discount program (he can purchase a gift card for $100 of company product for $50, and since it's a national food place that is awesome) one week of vacation and 5 sick days the first year, the year rolls over in January, so in January he'd get 5 days sick leave, and 2 weeks paid vacation... If you don't use your sick leave, they pay you double for them. So the best benefit of all is they have a "No Jerk" policy. If you're a jerk to people you can't work there.

He had his first interview, and it went really well, he had a second interview last night, and now we're just waiting on a hiring decision. He could hear something as soon as today or as late as next week. We obviously really want him to get this job. It'll make a huge difference for us personally and financially, and even with the traveling he'll get to spend more time with our family, than he does now, to the tune of over 150 hours a month more, and the time he gets to spend would be more dedicated time, without being distracted by the headaches of his current job.

So all that to say, that we could use all the mojo possible, for him to get hired, his other job is slowly killing him and our marriage, and just the prospect of this new job has already started changing his attitude and his outlook on life, which can only be good for us and our family

ajsmom posted 4/23/2013 12:46 PM


Talk about a game changing opportunity!

Prayers coming your way!


tushnurse posted 4/23/2013 12:47 PM

mojo coming your way.
Sounds like a great opportunity.

LeftBehind08 posted 4/23/2013 13:12 PM

crossed fingers, crossed toes, and sending the MOJO!

bbee posted 4/23/2013 13:37 PM

Mojo, mojo, mojo!

simplydevastated posted 4/23/2013 13:49 PM

Sending lots and lots of mojo.

Kajem posted 4/23/2013 13:59 PM

Sending Mojo your way...

jo2love posted 4/23/2013 17:10 PM

Sending mojo.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy