Surviving is important, thriving is elegant- Maya Angelou
I havent felt those intense feelings of severe depression for almost a year now, but Im trying to figure out how to manage some of the lingering effects. I would like to come up with some sort of plan of action to help with these issues:
1. fatigue. I struggle to wake up every morning and it takes most of the morning for my groginess to dissipate.
2. lack of focus. I cant stay task-oriented and I cant complete tasks regurlary or in a timely manner.
3. memory loss. I cant remember details of stories, conversations, movies, books, lectures, etc, and I forget about appoinments frequently.
4. lack of comprehension. sometimes I read a paragraph several times before I figure out what it is saying. sometimes I need to be given direction multiple times. sometimes I am in the middle of doing a project for work, and I suddenly stop and feel completely lost.
5. irritability. pretty much everyone annoys me. I feel myself on the verge of a meltdown over things like dishes and property taxes.
6. emotional shut downs. if something makes me feel uncomfortable or triggers, I feel myself become quiet, numb and expressionless. I cant console others.I can only help by physically helping others or by very matter of factly giving advice. showing emotions sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable. I also cant cry when I feel like I need .
7. I forgot what 7 was because I lost track of I was thinking.
8. inconsistent feelings. one day I feel great, im doing good things, I like being single. next day ughhhh I kind of suck at Independence. its hard to stay mmotivated when I have a bad day. it a few days to bounce back from it.
in addition, I would like to add that I work two jobs, I will be going school part time in the fall, I exercise when I can at least once or twice a week, im taking some vitamins to keep my energy level boosted, I have been getting sick a lot this past year.mostly sinus related problems or stomach pain. I need some help with stress management, and im still seeing my IC, although I took a break for about a month when i was short on time and money. my over all financial situation is improving but I wish it were better.
Anyone have similar experiences?
any and advice and comments are welcome here.
[This message edited by survivor_kh at 2:49 PM, May 3rd (Friday)]
you is kind, you is smart, you is important