Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Question regarding divorce

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

lovinggrace posted 5/26/2013 16:22 PM

How far into the divorce process do you have to be to make them leave? As soon as papers are filed?

TrustedHer posted 5/26/2013 17:53 PM

I'm sure it varies by state, but generally, you have to file, and you can then get a hearing for temporary orders.

That hearing can have a motion for exclusive use and possession of the domicile.

Then you can make them leave. Most likely, not before then, except voluntarily.

Take2 posted 5/26/2013 18:49 PM

^^That's the way it works here too. (Although in my sitch,XWH left on Dday) The temp orders made it official that he couldn't just move back in, as I was granted exclusive use

homewrecked2011 posted 5/26/2013 23:17 PM

Look in Yellow pages for attys near you and go for a free consultation.

I went to 3 different ones for free consults and then found the one I liked and hired him for my D

lovinggrace posted 5/27/2013 01:15 AM

Thanks guys. I have an atty. He is retired and doing it for free I just have to pay the filing fee which is $292. So, I am assuming that once papers are filed, a court date will quickly follow? And during that hearing they will order him to vacate?

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.