Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
- Forum Archives

like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: RoreverBlue (61146)

User Topic: Child support Modification
♀ 29250
Member # 29250
Default  Posted: 8:01 PM, June 3rd (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Actually, I am asking this question for a friend. Maybe someone can help?

She is in a situation where she has to ask for an increase. Without getting into the long drawn out story, there has been a substantial change of financial circumstance. The problem is, she is broke and does not have the money to file with the court to ask for a modification. Does anyone know if there is anything else she can do? Can CS enforcement agency help her? or is she just out of luck?

“People who cheat feel that life is for the taking, and that everyone deserves happiness no matter what the cost. I must remember these tricks if I ever have my soul surgically removed."
Me: BS 42. Him: WH 41 2 Kids 8&11
Married 14 yrs Together 21

Posts: 1622 | Registered: Aug 2010
♀ 34477
Member # 34477
Default  Posted: 8:07 PM, June 3rd (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

You don't need a lawyer or anything for child support modification... Every 2-3 years a modification request can be ads ith the attorney general's office (child support office). It's free... Doesn't cost anything to request it.

Me: BW (35)
Him: ExWH (31) EA/PA with MOW coworker
Married 9 years, 2 small kids
dday 3/12/2011 divorced fall 2012
Exwh married his AP

My ipad does a lot of crazy typos.

Posts: 812 | Registered: Jan 2012
♀ 10506
Member # 10506
Default  Posted: 8:14 PM, June 3rd (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

In my state the CSE will help with CS modification. I think they will file everything, but you have to open a case with them (CS does not automatically go thru the CSE in my state; I think it does in other states).

My advise is for her to call the CSE and specifically ask what they can do to help her.

And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
So shake him off
-- Shake It Out, Florence And The Machine

Posts: 17695 | Registered: Apr 2006 | From: A better place :)
Topic Posts: 3

Return to Forum This Topic is Archived
© 2002 - 2017 All Rights Reserved.