Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
- Forum Archives

like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: Howtotrust (61551)

User Topic: What does a legal seperation agreement look like?
♀ 39437
Member # 39437
Default  Posted: 9:04 AM, June 10th (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I need to draw one up but cannot afford an attorney. (And I have to have it by Thursday.)

What is generally included in a separation agreement? I've found a bit online but nothing seems to suit my needs. Do they normally include custody and property?

ANY info or insight would be helpful.

Me: 37, BS
Him: 39, WH
Married: 6 years, together for 9 years
2 boys, ages 3 & 4, he has a 15yo we never see
DDay: 5/21/13 (OW is a coworker at Walmart...he quit on Dday.)

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2013 | From: Columbus, OH
♀ 31094
Member # 31094
Default  Posted: 9:09 AM, June 10th (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I have never had to do one, but I would want to include property and custody of children and/or pets.

If you don't include who gets use of the house-----if you're staying in it you'll have to deal with him "dropping by" whenever he wants to, and seeing or NOT seeing the children erraticly---or taking your pets away because he "wants" them. (I know there is a member here who's ex broke into her home and stole her dog---and he still has him )

I would think that property and custody issues are the MOST important issues to hammer out in any separation agreement.

I would also think you could use what you've found online and tailor it to suit your individual needs.

Good luck.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Feb 2011 | From: NWPA
♀ 31217
Member # 31217
Default  Posted: 11:01 AM, June 10th (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

It looks like a divorce in my state. All the financial stuff is divided up, custody is spelled out. Retirement accounts are addressed. Once entered, it speeds up the divorce process, as all of the haggling is done and spelled out. You really need a lawyer if only to look it over and make sure it lock tight.

At one time he was a man standing on marbles. Now I am a woman standing on marble.....

We are done fighting with each other and decide to fight FOR each other.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2011
♀ 36060
Member # 36060
Default  Posted: 11:22 AM, June 10th (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Yup. Looks exactly like a divorce settlement.

Why do you need it by Thurs?

BS-Me 30s
WS-Him 30s
D-Day 4/2012 (Insisted EA only)
D-Day 5/2012 (Did I say EA? Ummm..)
Numerous other TT/broken NC d-days until S 1/2013. D settled 11/2013
MOW-coworker, 40s.
2 DS and DD all w/autism

Posts: 751 | Registered: Jul 2012 | From: USA
♀ 34352
Member # 34352
Default  Posted: 11:36 AM, June 10th (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I'm in Washington state and LS here is just like a divorce agreement accept we are technically still married so that I can remain on his health insurance. Other than that, it's a divorce.
There is also a clause that allows the separation to be changed to divorce at any given time, where a divorce requires a 90 day wait period.
(All this information is my own.)

Oh yeah, you should be able to find the forms you need if you look at your state/county website for divorce/separation requirements. I have an attorney but I filled the forms out before I hired him, so that I would be informed.

[This message edited by MyReturn2Me at 11:37 AM, June 10th (Monday)]

Me: BS 51 and Freaking AWESOME!
Him: Who the fuck cares........

Posts: 259 | Registered: Dec 2011 | From: Puget Sound
♀ 38928
Member # 38928
Default  Posted: 7:42 PM, June 10th (Monday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

In my state all dissolution/divorce forms are readily available at the court house/online for the DIYers. We also have legal separation as an option, but there is no form for that. When I asked a L about what to use since there is no such animal he said to just use the readily available dissolution form and change the words from "dissolution" to "legal separation." The courts here will accept that. It includes basically all the same stuff as a divorce separation agreement (assets, debts, custody, etc.), but you stay legally married.

BS - Me
Xhole - Multiple LTAs/2 OCs over 20+yrs
Kids - 2 adult DDs - DS20 Deceased
Happily divorced!

~Indifference - Because some people do not deserve your emotions.~

I edit often because my tablet is possessed!

Posts: 4962 | Registered: Apr 2013 | From: Land of Indifference
Topic Posts: 6

Return to Forum This Topic is Archived
© 2002 - 2017 All Rights Reserved.