Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

What is appropriate procedure here?

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Helen of Troy posted 6/17/2013 11:25 AM

CS was modified and signed off by judge as well as me and xwh. New amount would be $xxx and to be taken out weekly of his check and paid to me weekly through state dept of revenue. From email correspondence, I see my attorney was going to send certified mail to his employer containing Income Deduction form. His lawyer says x reports his employer already has it and IDO will go into effect next pay period. My lawyer has signed off on case and I'm out of money anyway so I can't call up and just ask.
Detective work on my end, proved HE paid the last weekly amount, it was not paid by IDO/employer. Now it is late and I have no recourse.
Is it appropriate for me to send IDO to his employer? Could I get in trouble for that?
It is as if he lied about his (out of state) employer receiving the IDO, out of embarrassment or whatever and then paid it himself. No one followed through on it, just took his word for it.
Fucking liar.
What would you do if you were me? low cost please I am broke waiting for this money, and still waiting for big medical copay reimbursements.
I feel stuck, anxious and powerless and don't like feeling this way.

Dreamboat posted 6/17/2013 11:53 AM

I would contact the state CS enforcement. I have found the CSE to be very helpful once you have a court order, at least in my state.

Good luck

Helen of Troy posted 6/17/2013 12:51 PM

They won't help because they're saying that they do not have IDO nor judge's signed orders. I faxed them a copy this morning, when I called later to confirm, again they said not received.
Still working on this and going to get to the bottom of it.

LisaP posted 6/17/2013 13:02 PM

I assume that you still received the original CS payment and only the modified amount was paid by/through him? Or is CS just NOW going through the state with this new modification?

Either way, an account needs to be set up with the state. If you have already done this or your attorney did, then changes need to be made to that account. This can all be accomplished through CSE.

With that being said, I wouldn't hesitate to fax a copy of the order to his payroll department directly to get the ball rolling (if he hasn't done it already). At the very least, they should deduct and hold (you have an order) until they hear from the state on what account to place it.

Good luck!

StrongerOne posted 6/17/2013 14:48 PM

do you live within reasonable driving distance of CSE office? Maybe you could go there in person.

Also, you could call them and get any other fax #s they have. When you call, ask if you can send a copy of the order via email attachment (scan paperwork, turn into a pdf if your scanner doesn't do that automatically, send pdf as an attachment).

Or, have it delivered certified or registered or whatever it's called that requires that it be delivered to a live human being and that gets you a signature from the human being who received it. I'd do this even if I also try emailing, won't hurt if they end up with more than one of the same paperwork.

Ashland13 posted 6/17/2013 16:13 PM

I remember from office work that receipts from machines were important pieces of paper and it's a thought to try to keep yours. It's a way to prove it went and usually shows the number where it got sent to.

Registered mail is only a few dollars and like Stronger said, is proof it goes to a person who has to sign and account for it.

Something smells fishy.

ray-ray posted 6/17/2013 17:34 PM

I have found that making an appointment at CSE office works wonders. It drove me crazy trying to deal with them over the phone. Same crap it sounds like you are dealing with. They couldn't find the papers or always had an excuse. I got shit resolved quickly when they had to deal with me face to face with my papers in hand.

Skan posted 6/17/2013 19:28 PM

As someone who has received these orders in the mail and had to implement them for a couple of employees, I can tell you that I didn't care who sent them to me. I got one and just implemented it. No questions asked. So I'd go ahead and send it to his HR department as well as pursuing it on the CSE side.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.