Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Alienation of Affection ?

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

time2Bstronger posted 7/8/2013 16:33 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to claim alienation of affection if the child is over 18? I have written proof that my STBXWH is trying to alienate my DD18 from me and being highly irresponsible with her safety, yet again. I am afraid to post too much as he knows about this site.

september rain posted 7/8/2013 16:41 PM

Do you mean "parental alienation?" Alienation of affection suits are when you sue the AP for interfering in the marriage and is allowed by only seven states currently.

If your child is 18 or over, I'm not sure if parental alienation would apply or be considered by the courts, since your daughter is technically, legally an adult. Can you ask your attorney or check the laws of your state? I think it would depend on the state. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that, parental alienation is a horrible thing for the other parent to endure no matter the age of the children and even if they're adults.

Cookie7088 posted 7/8/2013 17:23 PM

No, parental alienation is for minor children in a custodial setting. As your child is now an adult, the courts will deem that as an adult, the child of the marriage can make own determination.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy