SurvivingInfidelity.com Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Stuck between a rock and a hard spot

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

KAJENO2000 posted 7/24/2013 13:34 PM

I am so thankful these forums are here. I read way more than I post but I feel right this minute that I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

It has been almost 9 months since this nightmare started and I am still stuck in the same house as asswipe and it is making the situation worse for me because I am not the one who asked for this, he did.

Anyways. We are still in the middle of bankruptcy and have a little less than 2 months to go until the bankruptcy is discharged pending no problems which there has not been until this point.

My problem is that my dad is going to have to co-sign with me on a lease and I am not sure if I should wait or if I can wait another two months or possibly longer to move out but I am very anal that something will happen with this bankruptcy to not make it dischargeable which again attorney doesn't think so.

I found this perfect little 3 bedroom 2 bath home a few blocks from where I live and in the same school district that will allow me to take our dog. My children have told me multiple times that they don't want to switch schools and why should they when asswipe is the one who did this.

It is very hard to find a home in the area that I am in and the house is still available but I am stuck because if my dad co-signs and something happenes with the bankruptcy then I am afraid he will be stuck because I can't afford it (which again attorney doesn't think so) but I don't think I can live in that house much longer with him. Each minute and each day that I am there I feel myself being pulled down because this is not what I want.

I just don't know if I should take the house and take the chance or be a big girl and wait it out until the bankruptcy is final.

Sorry to make this go on. I am just lost.

devistatedmom posted 7/24/2013 14:23 PM

Ask the bankruptcy lawyer if there would be any repercussions if you do get the apartment.

Can you afford to live there, while the two of you still have the house and haven't separated your finances yet? Although I totally get your father so-signing, I'd hate to see him get stuck if you move in then figure you can't keep up your payments.

KAJENO2000 posted 7/24/2013 15:03 PM

There would be no reprocussions if I do lease a place to live because we are surrendering our home because neither of us can afford separately.

We have separated our finances as of last week. The bills are split in half for now until I move out and then he would continue with whatever until they take the house.

I can afford the new place very much so with some money left over each month. I am not worried about that but its just my dad is cosigning and my bankruptcy is not final yet.

gypsybird87 posted 7/24/2013 18:29 PM

If your dad is okay with taking the risk, then I think you should be too.

I'm currently trying to sort out housing options, and figure out what is possible for me... and believe me if the perfect thing came along, I would go for it.

Trust yourself.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 SurvivingInfidelity.com ®. All Rights Reserved.