SurvivingInfidelity.com Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

The 'aroma' of my new job

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Sad in AZ posted 8/14/2013 16:04 PM

My new job is office manager in a used car dealership; they sell classic cars along with later models. My office is off the showroom which is stocked with many of the classics which evidently use a different type of fuel than I've been previously exposed to (I don't know a lot about cars--yes, they still hired me )

Yesterday they were doing a photo shoot offsite and were moving cars in and out of the showroom. My head has been killing me and I'm nauseous from the fumes Ugh.

I love this job, and I just relocated for it. What can I do?? I have a small, high window in my office; I'm not sure opening it will help.

HELP!

wifehad5 posted 8/14/2013 16:06 PM

Do they not have any ventilation in the showroom? One of the museums I've worked with has these fans in the ceiling, and you can't even tell the cars are running when they turn them on.

Pentup posted 8/14/2013 16:08 PM

You need to be concerned. Those are signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. If this is a common event, thy need to vent your office. If it is not, you need to work in a different place on hose days.

painpaingoaway posted 8/14/2013 16:49 PM

OMG sad, that's scary! Do you know who the previous mgr was, and why they left? Maybe it had something to do with this issue? Can you put one of those carbon monoxide detectors in the office, and see what happens? At least that way you'll have 'proof' of the danger.

Sad in AZ posted 8/14/2013 18:56 PM

There was no previous manager, ppga. Mine is a new position. I may just get a CO2 monitor for my office, try closing the door and opening the window. Hopefully this won't happen too often.

gahurts posted 8/14/2013 19:50 PM

Can you put a fan in the window to blow fresh air into the room. I agree that if you got a strong headache then it is a sign of potential CO poisoning. Are these photoshoots normal or was this an unusual thing? Maybe its something that will only happen once in a while. But you should certainly say somethign to the owners so that they know that there was a problem. Maybe you can work in a different room when they are moving cars around.

Amazonia posted 8/14/2013 19:52 PM

Fan and open window! Definitely...

heartbroken_kk posted 8/15/2013 03:22 AM

I would seriously look up what OSHA has to say on this matter, and make sure that your office complies with OSHA.

And I would immediately report that you didn't feel well, but you might want to consider how to make your report gentle rather than righteous.

heartbroken_kk posted 8/15/2013 03:25 AM

Also, just because your office only has a small window doesn't mean a bigger window can't be installed, or a fan, or both. Don't limit your problem solving creativity. Walls ceilings ducting and windows can all be modified.

Hey, I know I'm new here but did you know that you might need a "_____"? Sometimes the new person is the only one who would even notice that....

BrokenRoad posted 8/15/2013 19:20 PM

Yep I know the smell.
My mom used to get upset at my dad when he would work on his vehicles because the smell wafted into the kitchen.

Used Motoroil Carbonara anyone?

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 SurvivingInfidelity.com ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy