Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

What can or should I do

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

strawblond30 posted 8/17/2013 20:30 PM

First off we are divorced and I told lawyer the lowest amount for child support stupid me I know. I get nothing extra he makes $30 hourly I got a run down house that needs more work then it's worth it's embarrassing I invite no one over. I have 2 boys and get $100 week child support. How soon can I take him to court to change it . Divorce was June 14 and now I regret not getting more.

hurtbs posted 8/17/2013 20:39 PM

Check with your lawyer, but I believe every state has a "calculator". If he is not paying the minimum of the calculator, then you can file for an amendment. It's based on his salary so anytime his income goes up, you can amend it.

forced2moveon posted 8/17/2013 20:40 PM

you can get a childsupport modification anytime. That's the one issue that is always open. Go back and get what your boys deserve! I did what you did because I thought it would make my cheating husband want me. Once he got the CS order stamped by the judge, he was out the door. Just as quick as he ran out the door, I had his A@# back in court for the correct childsupport that our kids were entitled to! Also, make sure you get it in a wage garnishment!

[This message edited by forced2moveon at 8:41 PM, August 17th (Saturday)]

strawblond30 posted 8/17/2013 21:12 PM

Thank you I will

Ashland13 posted 8/18/2013 18:02 PM

Just wanted to chime in and add one thing I learned recently on this least in this state, an amount of child support is reduced if the person paying is also paying other things-like health care.

And here there is a base amount and then for each child they add some more.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.