People and books keep telling me that I need to work on myself rather than dating someone and to wait until I am ready.
It has been one year since DD.
However, how do I work on myself and my son? Here is a list of things I am doing:
1. Building my career, new role at work,
2. Working out/have a weekly personal trainer as well
3. Looks: dressing better, lost weight, taking care of my looks, hair, nails etc.
4. Going out with friends/family, keeping connected socially.
5. Spending time with my son (playing games, taking him to the park, and all of his activities). I need to focus more on playing and spending time with him.
6. Nutrition: eating much better
7. Group therapy 1x week and individual therapy 1x week
8. This forum
9. Journaling my thoughts and changing negative statements to positive ones
10. Reading self help books on moving past my break up
11. Becoming closer to god spiritually.
12. Meditation, visual imager, breathing occasionally (I need to do more of this and schedule this in).
13. Trying to book mini trips for this year. (I have done this but need to do this more).
I have been doing these things seriously for 6-8 months now. I feel good about myself.
Any other suggestions? What else have you guys done that has helped with the healing process?
With all of this intense work, I feel I will be ready to get to know people and date in a few more months. What do you think? What else can I do to prepare for it?