Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
- Forum Archives

like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: infiniti (61794)

User Topic: Advice on getting low cost divorce in New York
♀ 25838
Member # 25838
Default  Posted: 1:07 PM, August 20th (Tuesday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I just need help in finding out how can get a low cost divorce in New York City. My WH and I have been separated for 10 years now and have a 14 yr old daughter. He currently resides in Florida and I have been in New York since then. We have no assets and not asking for any spousal support but will want child support. He is willing to sign the papers. If anyone can help this would help tons, thanks everyone!

Posts: 477 | Registered: Oct 2009 | From: New York
♀ 38928
Member # 38928
Default  Posted: 1:53 PM, August 20th (Tuesday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Start by reviewing this site:

You should be able to get basic information and find out if you can file pro se or if you will need an attorney to file (attorney = $$). I don't live in NY, but this is where I would start if I did.

[This message edited by Phoenix1 at 1:53 PM, August 20th (Tuesday)]

BS - Me
Xhole - Multiple LTAs/2 OCs over 20+yrs
Kids - 2 adult DDs - DS20 Deceased
Happily divorced!

~Indifference - Because some people do not deserve your emotions.~

I edit often because my tablet is possessed!

Posts: 5084 | Registered: Apr 2013 | From: Land of Indifference
♂ 16953
Member # 16953
Default  Posted: 6:39 AM, August 21st (Wednesday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

You can actually file your own D in NYS. You can download all the forms, fill them out and file. He does need to be served and if he does not contest it should take about 8 months for a final decree. You can actually go to family court and they will assist you with filling out the paperwork. Make sure you specify that the court collects CS from him in your filing. Florida is notorious for being extremely lax in going after deadbeats. And if you have to file the paperwork for CS enforcement after the fact it could take years before you see a cent. Better to get that done during the D. Good luck !!!

You cant eat soup with chopsticks.

Posts: 6851 | Registered: Nov 2007
Topic Posts: 3

Return to Forum This Topic is Archived
© 2002 - 2017 All Rights Reserved.