[This message edited by 1ost0ne at 5:31 PM, September 4th (Wednesday)]
I used to be really OCD and keep things super unusually clean, not so much anymore.
I used to yell at the kids a lot over stupid stuff, now it doesn't matter anymore.
I used to care if my WH was upset with me, now it doesn't affect me.
I used to be a very happy person, now I am bipolar (actually I was just diagnosed with this so not sure if its situational or me).
I would say I am a completely different person.
Through thick and thin we will survive but he gets only one shot at it!
I am definitely wiser. I am stronger emotionally. I am happier, actually. I have fixed the part of me that let my FWH treat me as if I didn't matter, that didn't treat me like his #1 priority.
Oh, yeah, and I have a broken heart that has healed but has a lot of scar tissue on it that sometimes still gives me twinges of pain.
"Oh, why do my actions have consequences?" ~ Homer Simpson
"She knew my one weakness: That I'm weak." ~ Homer Simpson
I was also very strong, independent, motivated and organised. I guess I am those things aside from interactions with WH. With him I feel needy, vulnerable and pathetic. What worries me more is I think WH feels stronger and happier with me so emotionally vulnerable. He seems very content to hold and cuddle me at night when I can't sleep and am tearful. I sometimes think he feels like more of "a man" because he has to reassure me. It is weird because it is like he is rewarded in seeing me vulnerable. Does anyone get what I mean?
I sometimes think he feels like more of "a man" because he has to reassure me. It is weird because it is like he is rewarded in seeing me vulnerable. Does anyone get what I mean?
Maybe he enjoys the KISA role possibly?
1. Trusted H 100%. Thought he was a better, more logical, more grounded person than I.
2. I thought that his lack of oneness with me in decision making was because of stubbornness.
3. Focused and committed to our family, homeschooling, cooking from scratch, having chickens, teaching children all kinds of life skills.
4. I looked forward to growing old with H, growing deeper IL with him. I thought H would be protective of me and we would take care of each other in our old age.
5. Had a deep relationship with God, and prayed, read the Bible often. I thought H's highest priority was to follow God, and the times he didn't were just "mistakes." I thought H would never commit adultery, because he loved God even more than he loved me.
6. I looked forward to being a grandmother and helping our children however they needed me. We'd be a 3 generation family together.
1. I realize H is not trustworthy. He is not the rock, his logic and morals are relative to his situation.
2. His lack of oneness with me is because he is incapable of it. His instincts are to be emotionally isolated from me. He desperately needs love, but when he feels me too close, he puts up walls to push me away.
3. I am distracted, and have a very hard time focusing on much more than the bare necessities. The A consumes my thoughts and energy.
4. I just feel old, since H's A was with someone 15 years younger. I realize I may very well be alone in my old age. I don't feel valued for my loyalty, dedication, and the toll it has taken on me physically and emotionally. I know I am expendable, and can be switched out for a newer model without a moment's notice.
5. I'm drawing near to God again after so many years of silence since the A. I realize that H can even twist scriptures to support an A mentality, and I no longer believe God is more important to him than even himself. H is the most important person in his life.
6. I sadly contemplate our family being split up, me working like a dog to provide for myself in my old age, and not having time or money to spend much time with my children or grand children.
***7. I no longer let H play games with my head. I trust myself and my instincts. I still have honest, supportive friendships, and I'm not afraid of my future, whatever it holds.
I have found a new love for my FWH. We both are realizing how little we settled for, these last few years. He knows more about me then he ever did. I know more about him than I ever did. We are rekindling a love that we have not felt for many years. It's a good feeling.
Even with all of that, at the back of my mind, I am utterly aware that he was capable of seeking out and fucking another woman. Of lying to my face repeatedly. Forgiven? Yes, I have forgiven him. Forgotten? Never in this lifetime.
But no matter what, even if he should leave tomorrow, I would grieve, then dust myself off and live life. With gusto.
D-Day, June 10, 2012
I am 8 lbs thinner!
I started smoking and have a pack a day habit.
I used to be a "doer" and now I sit around all day thinking about this shit storm.
I post obessively on SI.
I talk on the phone to any one of my friends who will listen to me.
BUT, one good thing is that I know I am strong. WAY stronger than I ever thought I could be or would be.
I also know it will get better, even be "ok" someday when this is all over (heading for the big D)
I have gratitude for friends and family.
I realize you can never really know someone if they don't want you to. And you can't control it.
I also learned that it isn't the things in life that you worry about most that will happen, it the things you NEVER expected and never saw coming....
I have learned to appreciate life more. To celebrate the positive and move forward from the negative.
I now realize that yes crappy stuff will happen in life but so will great stuff.
My stress levels are great, probably the best they have been my whole adult life.
Weight is still higher but is coming down with time.
I have learned that I am an amazing person to be able to survive this and come out with such a great outlook on life.
Please everyone so close to dday don't lose hope. Things do get better.
[This message edited by Hearthache again at 8:54 PM, September 4th (Wednesday)]
This too shall pass
I edit a lot because that stupid box is so small!
Love kills slowly.
Avicars wife: I think my husband is the same. They want us to b more vulnerable. I used to b so in control.
I used to be crazy in love with my H
Prior to this I had absolute trust in my WH
Some of this damage can never be undone.
Before DDay I was constantly trying to get my H's approval, love and attention. CodePendent much? That was what allowed him to get away with 5 months of cheating before I finally had proof and the self confidence to say enough.
Now I'm happy I love my H he lOves me. I could give a rip if the house is clean or if we have the impression of perfect. Now I am confident enough to demand the respect I deserve, be happy and enjoy life. I work hard and play harder and because we have gone through this shitstorn together we are happy heAled and strong. It was a hard crappy sad few years but wow the person I have become because of it?!?! I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.
Hugs and strength to all who are finding their way.
I had a profound loss of self, loss of any motivation, loss of real life spirt. It has been a struggle to come to grips with the new me. I don't like the new me. I don't feel like I accomplish much at all anymore, no drive, no desires. Hopefully, one day this will change.
I am also an angry mom where I didn't used to be. I have also seriously checked out of most of my life and have all but given up taking care of my house. Bare minimum here. To top it off no antidepressants due to being pregnant which kept my emotions and anger in check. And all of it stems from the lack of motivation. I hate who I have become.