I've entered year two of my divorce with a SA NPD STBX. He and SA OW find their partners - strangers - on the Internet.
We're in the middle of a parenting evaluation, requested by me. I'm looking ahead and wondering about all the things I could try to get added to my divorce settlement - to cover every single possible threat to my children. I know I might not get ANYTHING, but I want to have a list.
So, I'm asking for suggestions - anything and everything. I'm starting with language from LisaP from another recent thread:
Child Safety - It is the duty of both parents to keep the Children safe. Each parent should protect the Children in the following ways:
(1) Not use illegal drugs, abuse prescription drugs, or abuse alcohol while the Children are present.
(2) Not use or view pornography, including but not limited to cable, magazines, internet photos or live-feed, or any other pornographic media, while the Children are present. Pornography should not be accessible to the Children at any time.
(3) No overnight guests while the Children are present.
(4) Not allow the Children to ride in a car unless the driver has a valid driver's license, auto insurance, seat belts and child safety seats as required by law.
5) Not introduce Children to any girlfriends (unless they are engaged????) I'm trying to protect my kids from OW, who conducts these activities in her own home with her child sleeping upstairs.
6) Can I add that the children may not meet the sex addict OW, or is that considered crazy?
7) No exposure to felons or anyone he has met on the Internet (good luck enforcing that).
8) SA treatment (he'll never go for it).
9) Alcohol treatment (I know someone whose alcoholic H had to do this. He can't pass it, and he has no overnights until he passes.)
Anything else? Am I insane to even be thinking this way??? I just figure it can't hurt.