Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Her Mother took the evidence!

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Landoes posted 10/5/2013 19:38 PM

My Wgf's mother took the hard drive with all the logs, pictures and videos of the affair. What should I do?
Should I file a police report so there is one if we can't R and fight for custody?

ionlytalkedtoher posted 10/5/2013 19:53 PM

yes. did you make a copy?

Landoes posted 10/5/2013 20:04 PM

I did not make a copy. I had the hard drive hidden pretty well, not well enough I guess.
Wgf has been deleting evidence, I fear she's trying to leave, which I don't care (not going to fight for a cheater) but she would take our newborn across the country!
If I 180, I wouldn't get to see my only child.

[This message edited by Landoes at 8:12 PM, October 5th (Saturday)]

SisterMilkshake posted 10/5/2013 20:21 PM

I would definitely file a police report and press charges if possible. Theft is theft. How do you know she stole it?

Landoes posted 10/5/2013 20:38 PM

I looked for it as I was moving stuff around and organizing things for the newborn.
The thing is her parents bought her that hard drive. Can they legally take it away?
Going to file it ASAP!
Now, I fear every time my WGF leaves with the child, I'm always thinking: "is she catching a flight out if here?"
I'm riddled with anxiety, WGF lied again. I'm in such a rough spot

standingonmarble posted 10/5/2013 21:04 PM

get with a lawyer and find out your rights, what would happen if she left and then filed for divorce as opposed to you filing in your home state.

They might have other information about your rights that you wouldn't have even thought about . Don't let yourself get blindsided. If she gave the hard drive away, she can't be that trustworthy.

SisterMilkshake posted 10/5/2013 21:09 PM

Are you on the childs birth certificate? If you are, you do have rights and she can't take the child out of state. Well, she can, but you do have legal recourse. Definitely get a lawyer to find out what your rights are, Landoe. (((Landoe))) I am so sorry. This sucks.

Congrats on your baby!

SpiderGrl posted 10/5/2013 21:54 PM

Yikes, lawyer up immediately. If you file before she leaves she can't leave if the judge says so. If se leaves before you have papers or starting proceedings they probably wouldn't make her come back. Depends on he state. Some states really suck like that.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.