Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

How to find a counselor for WS

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

crashednburned posted 10/21/2013 05:15 AM

We are in the process of finding a IC or WS but don't know where to find one that would specialize in infidelity. WS has a friend whose wife made him go and he has a name but I don't know anything about him. Does anyone have any tips on how to find one other than the phone book?

Aurora773 posted 10/21/2013 08:36 AM

I found mine by Googling therapists/marriage counselors in my area online. I liked how she worded her bio. We had a brief email exchange and then I spoke to her on the phone before I even went in. I'm still using her today. I started on my insurance website but that was no help. Good luck!

7yrsflushed posted 10/21/2013 08:45 AM

Do either of you have an EAP, employee assitance program at your jobs? you can ask for recommendations through them. They are usually confidential as well. That is what I did and they gave me the names of several counselors in my area that I could research.

Drowninginitall posted 10/21/2013 11:54 AM

I second googling. A lot of IC and MC will have a profile listing their specialties. Or finding a councilor in your area who knows of one with what you need could refer you.

crashednburned posted 10/21/2013 12:09 PM

Thank you for your replies. We are self employed so there is no one else to go to.

I will check out some bios on Google.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy