I really don't know what is going on with kids today.
I saw this on a medical show and thought it was something goofy so I looked it up this morning. It's real.
Do a search for "cinnamon teens" and you'll pull up the same information I did.
There's a new "fad" where kids are dared to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon in 60 seconds. The problem is that if it gets into your lungs it can cause all kinds of problems.
Taken from the article
the spice is caustic, and trying to gulp it down can cause choking, throat irritation, breathing trouble and even collapsed lungs, the report said.
Here's a link to one article.
There are several reports out there.