I changed careers just over a year ago. I figure I was already empty nesting, selling my marital home, moving into a smaller one, at the same time, why not get all of the craziness out there at once?
(in retrospect I wished I'd "pieced" it out a bit...lol)
This job is significantly "more" in many ways:
- significantly more $$$$ (yay)
- significantly more commitment including much more working late and at home (sometimes yay)
- significantly more stress (not so yay)
- significantly longer commute (definitely not yay)
- significantly more "sit" time between constant work at my desk and all of the conference calls and other meetings (I have gained 10-15 lbs in the past year and THIS is part of that - my old career caused me to run around from place to place much more often)
- significantly strong experience for me and my resume (yay but well earned)
- significantly more travel intermittently (which I'm good with)
So the past year has been CRAZY, but honestly, it's getting better overall, but it is also still all of the above - yay and not - and I feel exhausted and unmotivated at home, except for the basics, pretty much ALL the time.
Any thoughts as to how I change that? I'd really like to tackle some projects at home, but I can't seem to manage to find the motivation or energy.
Status: D 2011
Above all, be the heroine, not the victim. - Nora Ephron
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
- J. K. Rowling