1. I have rekindled some dear friendships
2. Seeing my friends/family's pictures of their kids growing up
3. Keeping in touch with people I want to keep in touch with but I don't necessarily want them an everyday part of my life
3. I haven't used email with friends/family for so long. Facebook is so much easier. I don't even know their email addresses anymore and I'm sure they don't use email much either.
4. Sharing pictures and stories about my boys. I love to share them. I am so proud of them.
1. FB helps me a false sense of security, making me feel less lonely. When it's up I know that there is always someone at my fingertips to chat with. Or there is someone posting something new to read. But it is a false sense of security. And when I am on FB I am not doing anything else...reading, watching t.v. movies, getting out...doing anything. I don't want to face being truly ALONE. I am wasting sooooo much time on there just avoiding life. I'll tell myself I'm only going on for 5 minutes to take a quick look and it turns into hours at night.
2. Seeing people's happy together families on Christmas morning, Easter Sunday, or whenever makes my heart ache. I'm happy for them but I also want to poke my eyes out with a blunt object.
3. Seeing people get into new relationships and they are soooo happy. And I can't get past my insecurities and fear of getting hurt to make it past one date with anyone.
4. It's such a time suck. Such an easy way to avoid everything and everyone.
I tried deativating FB before but it is so easy to active again it was stupid.
I don't want to permanently delete it because of the reasons above. But I'm having such a hard time trying to find a healthy balance. :(
[This message edited by ruinedandbroken at 9:27 AM, November 28th (Thursday)]