Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
- Forum Archives

like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: jaxonraine (61774)

User Topic: MC/IC
♂ 41521
Member # 41521
Default  Posted: 10:04 AM, December 6th (Friday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Is there a website that gives referral information on MC/IC who specializes in infidelity?

Since D I have become DDaddy 2.0 - or better known as DevotedDaddy

“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so."

Posts: 1255 | Registered: Dec 2013
♂ 40304
Member # 40304
Default  Posted: 10:19 AM, December 6th (Friday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Back in August when I was looking for MCs I never found one. Unfortunately, as common as relationship problems are, we are as a culture completely unwilling to discuss that fact publicly.

The best I found was to do searches for Marriage Counselor <My Town>. My wife and I put together a spreadsheet with their names, distance from our house (we live in the country, so distance is an issue), their hours, and any thoughts we had, then narrowed it down to our top three. Even if you're only going by yourself, that method should work.

Me - BH 41
Her - FWW 38
D-Day: 8/13

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2013 | From: Midwest
♀ 38619
Member # 38619
Default  Posted: 10:22 AM, December 6th (Friday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I found my IC here (I hope I'm not crossing any guidelines here):

Just plug in your state and what you are looking for and they will compile a list for you.

Hope it helps,

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." - Paulo Coehlo

Posts: 440 | Registered: Mar 2013 | From: East Coast
♂ 30369
Member # 30369
Default  Posted: 10:45 AM, December 6th (Friday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

DepressedDaddy - SI is not a referral site but we encourage you to check with your local mental health facility for a list of local counselors/therapists.

Posts: 30662 | Registered: Dec 2010
♀ 39803
Member # 39803
Default  Posted: 1:36 PM, December 6th (Friday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Ok, I hear about these mythical "experts in infidelity" but unless you live in a major, urban area, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would find someone certified in Marriage and Family Counseling, though. I think infidelity is the bread and butter for MCs anyway.

me - BS (45) - DDay - June 2013
A was 2+ months, EA/PA
In MC & Reconciling
"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point to move forward." -- C.S. Lewis.

Posts: 3521 | Registered: Jul 2013 | From: USA
Topic Posts: 5

Return to Forum This Topic is Archived
© 2002 - 2017 All Rights Reserved.