Go with a food or drink type gift.
* A gift certificate to Starbucks (or other local coffee place) if you have EVER seen him drink coffee. I almost never buy coffee, but I would certainly enjoy myself with "free" coffee from starbucks.
* a bottle of wine if you have any inclination that he might drink wine. Or a bottle of his favorite liquor if you have ever seen him order a drink. Or if you know he is a beer connoisseur, some of the christmas brew that is available only this time of year. Go to a liquor store and ask for help with any of these items.
* A gift certificate to a local place he can go for lunch. Everyone needs to eat lunch.
* Some nice chocolates. Even if he is not a big fan he can share with with his family
* A homemade food item like gingerbread men or christmas cookies. Again, he can share with his family
[This message edited by Dreamboat at 5:21 PM, December 12th (Thursday)]