A saying for my SI Family: "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all".
... haven't had a lot of time to check in, but wanted to share a quick update in the hopes that maybe it helps to inspire others - especially during this emotionally-laden time of year.
Just a recap - D-Day, and the day I asked him to find somewhere else to live, was September 5. I only agreed to see him/talk to him in front of a counselor - which we did, weekly, for over two months. November 29 was the last time I saw my WH; that was when I confronted him in front of the MFT about his continued deception, and he "came clean" with his past dalliances. I have not seen or talked to him since.
Since that time, I have done the following:
- Got an A in my Marketing class - the last class of this Semester (I have 3 classes left in the Spring before I graduate with my MBA)
- Started a training program for a half-marathon
- Cleaned my house top to bottom, including getting rid of a lot of old stuff that needed to be organized and donated
- Got my younger dog to his ideal weight and level of fitness (he had put on a few pounds the past few years)
- Nursed my older dog through a very involved dental surgery, which she is recovering from and doing very, very well
- Cashed in some points from my rewards credit card and got myself some new boots that I love
- Have been eating healthy and working out regularly, including my favorite, yoga
- Have spent a lot of time with my amazing family whom I adore
- Am planning a dinner party on Saturday night at my house, hostessing my group of close girlfriends to honor an annual holiday tradition of cheer and cocktails
- Am hostessing Christmas Eve dinner at my house for my mom's side of the family and my brother's girlfriend's family, who will be meeting for the first time
- Got hit on by a ridiculously sweet and handsome fireman (although I didn't really know how to respond - I don't know what the rules are quite yet - that said, my heart hasn't skipped a beat like that since I-don't-remember-when)
NC has been the best gift I have ever given myself. In a way, I feel like I've taken my broken heart right back from the person I had given it to - a person who never would have treated it with care. I feel good about my life, where I am at, and what the future will bring.
I hope that everyone here who is struggling with themselves, their self-worth, their lot in life, can find some comfort in these ideas and put them into practice for themselves.
Sending you all love this holiday, and always. I never would have been able to navigate the complicated waters of this situation without all of you. So, I owe you all tremendous thanks!!!!
Fooled twice - almost exactly 10 years apart.