After Christmas Eve day being probably the hardest day since DDay (no event, just feelings)... but coming out the other side... I'm seeing some positives.
Here are some of mine:
1. If I feel sad or scared or lonely I can tell my H (this was definitely not the case in the past)
2. Not only does he listen to and discuss my feelings but he WANTS to hear them!
3. I see him actively working to be a better husband
4. I see the effects that our new and improved communication has on our kids (they don't know about the As but I was a mess all summer, for that I hurt)
5. My H now shares his feelings with me and I can see how amazing that is for him
6. The anxiety that I've experienced for years has drastically reduced, after the biggest trauma of my life I actually feel less anxious (over all)
7. I see my H really looking at himself and his FOO stuff and trying to figure it all out
There are more but that's a start.
What about you, what are your positives?
p.s. in no way am I thankful for my H's As, I am seeing positives due to shitloads of hard work on both our parts.