Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Help...I need to find a counsellor!

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Emptynester3 posted 1/3/2014 13:07 PM

It's been 15 months since d-day, it has been a rollercoaster of emotions this past year and I'm starting to think that I need individual counselling to deal with all these emotions. I looked on the internet for some local counsellors that specialize in relationship issues. I have never been to a counsellor and don't know anyone personally who"s been through a similiar situation to ask advice from. Are there any guidelines for looking for a therapist? This is new territory for me and any help would be greatly appreciated. My husband has been supportive of whatever I need to heal, but I haven't told him about this decision yet.

jo2love posted 1/3/2014 14:45 PM


Have you tried calling your health plan or checking their website for providers? Sometimes they list what the counselor specializes in.

sisoon posted 1/3/2014 14:53 PM

Another potential source:

SI used to have an ad with a referral service, but I don't remember the URL.

If share your general location, you might get some PMs with good names. (Mods: if that statement is out of line, I apologize and will be happy to delete it.)

jo2love posted 1/3/2014 14:54 PM

Also, if the website didn't say what they specialize in (marital, infidelity, abuse, etc...), I called and asked them. I went down a list of all counselors in a 25 mile range. I wanted to know all of my options.

[This message edited by SI Staff at 2:55 PM, January 3rd (Friday)]

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy