Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Failing Health- How to approach the subject?

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

fireproof posted 1/3/2014 22:43 PM

What if someone is in denial and takes it out on you?

How do you say you need a pair of glasses or maybe a physical therapist?

I just don't get why people are mad when it is their body and there are medical resources to improve quality of life if they just did simple steps!

Thank you!

torn2bits posted 1/5/2014 20:20 PM

It depends if its a relative or someone close to you. When this happened in my family we just made the appointment and took them to the eye doctor, etc.

If it is someone you don't know very well, then there is nothing you can do about it.

Good luck!

cissie posted 1/6/2014 03:55 AM

This is basically passive aggressive denial.

I have dealt with hearing loss in relatives. Both my grandmother and my MIL would turn off their hearing aid when that were annoyed, but would then blame others for not speaking up.

With my BH he selectively wears his hearing aid, so I have to look all the time to see how loudly I should speak. If I forget, I am "mumbling".

If you have ever watched the BBC sitcom "As Time Goes BY" with Judy Dench, there is an episode where SO Lionel has wax in his ears and becomes deaf.He accuses everyone of mumbling. I cannot get my BH to watch that series, but I would love him to watch that particular episode.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.