Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Question about a plate

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Pages: 1 · 2

Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 09:47 AM

I got a set of triangular shaped plates from my sister. No box, nothing. They are about the size of salad plates. On each plate, in one corner, there is a tiny raised circular lip. Like maybe where a sauce dish would go? *shrug*

What exactly do I have? What are they called, what are they used for?

I'm unrefined in the field of "fine dining." Around these parts, we spell classy with a K.

I should add, my sister doesn't know what they are. They were left in the house she just moved into.

[This message edited by Aubrie at 9:48 AM, January 20th (Monday)]

Amazonia posted 1/20/2014 09:54 AM

What material are they made of? Do they have a stamp on the bottom with a brand or manufacturing information?

jjct posted 1/20/2014 10:00 AM

post a pic or two?

Tred posted 1/20/2014 10:04 AM

Maybe they are for pizza slices

Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 10:09 AM

They're glass. No stamp or any identifying info.

Trying to post pics. My phone is acting...special this morning.

They do look a tad klassier than pizza plates Tred.

allusions posted 1/20/2014 10:17 AM

Perhaps there was a reason why they were left behind. Maybe the previous owners didn't know what the heck they were either.

Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 10:17 AM

Finally worked.

Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 10:19 AM

Perhaps there was a reason why they were left behind. Maybe the previous owners didn't know what the heck they were either.
I doubt it. The woman of the house was HUGE on entertainment. She passed away a few years ago. Her husband lived alone till he went into assisted living recently. Their children have established homes so they left most of the stuff in the house for my sister to go thru and keep or get rid of.

[This message edited by Aubrie at 10:20 AM, January 20th (Monday)]

Tred posted 1/20/2014 10:20 AM

Those are snack trays.

Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 10:21 AM

So what's the circle thing about?

Tred posted 1/20/2014 10:22 AM

It's where the cup goes for the sauce. They usually have a little cup that sits there.

karmahappens posted 1/20/2014 10:25 AM

I would say it would fit a piece of birthday cake real nice :)

So what's the circle thing about?

For holding my gum while eating said cake...

But would have to agree with Tred....

[This message edited by karmahappens at 10:26 AM, January 20th (Monday)]

Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 10:25 AM

Oh yay. They didn't come with any sauce things.

Guess the search begins for some that will fit. Hope it's a "standard size" thing.

Tred posted 1/20/2014 10:26 AM

Just Google "Triangle Glass Snack Plates". You'll see lots of examples.

somanyyears posted 1/20/2014 10:26 AM

..hi Aubrie,

Google : fenton triangle glass plates..

click on images...

4 or 5 rows down.. there they are... with small demi-tass cup to go in the little well..

fenton makes all kinds of glass stuff... i know, i have lots!!!


Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 10:35 AM

Oh how cool is that!?!?!?

The little cups are so stinkin' cute!

Thanks for the help gang!

[This message edited by Aubrie at 10:35 AM, January 20th (Monday)]

knightsbff posted 1/20/2014 12:37 PM

Hey! I have some exactly like that. Never knew w hat they were for either and have never used them. No little cups either...

nowiknow23 posted 1/20/2014 13:00 PM

My mom had a big set of those she would use for bridge parties.

k94ever posted 1/20/2014 14:23 PM

I had to look!!!!

Those are CUTE. You should see if you can get the cups to go with them.

Way Cool.


Aubrie posted 1/20/2014 15:16 PM

knightsbff, what color are yours?

I was surfing ebay earlier and saw clear, green, (LOVE) and amber.

Now (much to QS's dismay) I want a set of green ones.

You should see if you can get the cups to go with them.
Totally looking. Only seeing complete sets being sold so far. Time to hit up some local antique stores. Might find some there.

Pages: 1 · 2

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.