Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

I threw him out last night

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

broken <3 posted 1/23/2014 15:56 PM

I posted in general about this. I'm having a hard time sticking to my guns as his crazy making for years has sucked me time and time again.
We live in canada and never married. I took his bank access card (it was my account anyways) and gave him $60. I'm not sure what else I should do. I'm overwhelmed and feeling frozen right now. Should I file something with a lawyer?? What about the twins? I'm currently on disability right now and I don't have a license to drive and now no vehicle. I relied on him for driving etc.
I need to get the car seats out so if my dad can help we have them. What should I do? Should I call him? Please help!

rainagain posted 1/23/2014 16:08 PM

Are you worried for your safety? Doing something about that if so needs to be the first priority. Can you call your dad or a neighbor or friend to come over or go to their house if so?

Yes, call your dad and get the car seats. Your twins are your first priority. I am not in Canada so someone else will come along with that info but here in the states you woukd want to contact a lawyer about temp orders covering custody, payment of bills and use of the house. If you can't afford one contact a local women's shelter or domestic violence shelter as they will be able to give you the steps to take without having the money for a lawyer.

You can do this, you are strong or you would not have had the courage to throw him out. ((Broken)))

Nature_Girl posted 1/23/2014 16:26 PM

Yes, call your dad and ask for any help he can offer. Call your bestie, call your church. Ask for help and tell them why. The truth will set you free.

Yes, call a lawyer ASAP. You should anticipate that Mr. Deadbeat Dad will reform himself and try to be Disney Dad of the Year in order to hurt you. I've seen it far too many times, including in my own ex, that when the shit hits the fan they suddenly realize they've fucked with the Mama Bear one time too many, so they do an about-face and try to take the kids & avoid paying any kind of support.


Call your dad.
Call your BFF.
Call a lawyer.

If you are at all afraid you need to call your local domestic violence group and ask for help. Don't think you cannot utilize these resources just because he didn't beat the crap out of you. DV isn't just bruises & broken bones. There are people out there waiting for your call. They want to help.

myowndystopia posted 1/23/2014 16:29 PM

Safety first for you and your babies. Don't call him. If you've been sucked back in before, it could happen again especially if you are talking. Maybe either you could text him or have your dad text him telling him where to leave the carseats. You said this has been going on for years so now you need to think about the environment for the twins

broken <3 posted 1/23/2014 16:59 PM

Thanks so much. I feel like I'm unable to focus. Here my post in general.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.