Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

(tmi) so I was referred to a sex therapist

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Darkness Falls posted 2/10/2014 17:16 PM (TMI) my ob/gyn at my annual appt. today. I explained my concerns and that was her suggestion.

Has anyone else ever seen one?

notquiteoverit posted 2/10/2014 18:18 PM

I haven't, but considered it. It can't hurt to go and see for yourself if this is something you want to do.

nekorb posted 2/15/2014 00:33 AM

Yes. Was just like regular counseling except she had extra training in the area of sexual concerns.

Darkness Falls posted 2/15/2014 10:31 AM

Thanks for the replies. This may be a dumb question (my doc seemed to think it was ) but...would it be ridiculous to go by myself, without XH? He's not the one with the problem.

Sammy2013 posted 2/15/2014 11:10 AM

BS here, no stop sign so I hope you don't mind....

WH went to his first sex therapist appointment last week. He went by himself (and not a stupid question). She wants to work with him for a while and said at some point she will want me to go with him, but she wouldn't be MY therapist or OUR therapist. We have a MC (same office) for that. And I wouldn't go which him every week, just as needed for him. If that makes sense? In my case, you are correct in that it is my WH problem. Just like my problems are mine and I see an IC for them.

womaninflux posted 2/15/2014 18:25 PM

So much about sex dysfunction is really about communication and / or repressed childhood problems (I.e. Parental relationships/bonding, anger). And so are the treatments - talk therapy, gazing into your partner's eyes for long periods of time, touching without the expectation of sex, massage...

Our MC has special training in sex dysfunction and internet addictions. She was the one who first identified that dh has SA. Sawh says of the three therapists he sees (psychiatrist,
c s at and mc) MC has been most helpful.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy