Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Need medical opinions

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

betrayedfriend posted 2/22/2014 17:31 PM

I was in a very minor car accident yesterday, now my upper back, shoulders and neck are slightly sore, I'm not terribly limited in activities but sore enough to be uncomfortable while moving around. Should I try to see my dr or suck it up?

jrc1963 posted 2/22/2014 17:56 PM

Personally I'd see a Dr regardless... I don't know about your state in but here in Florida you only get 14 days after an accident to make any claims for medical injury. If it's nothing, it's nothing... but I'd hate to miss out on insurance coverage if something should spring up later.

tushnurse posted 2/22/2014 17:59 PM

See your dr or go to an Urgent Care. Of its 24 hours and you are hurting its most likely going to get worse before it gets better. If the accident wasn't your fault the. The other guys insurance has to cover your medical costs including time missed from work.

Back and neck issues are the most common after a rear ending and can be long term in their problems. Best to rule out anything serious and get treatment as soon as possible.

You may need muscle relaxers anitinflammatories and even pain meds. I did after I got rear ended a few year ago.

Nature_Girl posted 2/22/2014 19:26 PM

Go get checked out, please.

purplejacket4 posted 2/22/2014 19:39 PM

If you aren't in that much pain and have no confusion or numbness or tingling in your extremities you are probably fine. I see lots of people who were in MVAs who have whiplash and soreness. My main job is to give muscle relaxants and pain killers when people really hurt.

Dr. PJ4

BAB61 posted 2/23/2014 08:28 AM

I will weigh in on the go see dr to rule out serious injury. Whiplash can cause chronic pain so while it is not life-threatening it is still a good idea to see a doc. After the initial soreness has passed see a chiro or osteopath...and massage is imho a good idea as well.

betrayedfriend posted 2/23/2014 11:09 AM

I'll get checked out tomorrow, when I can get in with my gp, it's not bad enough to go to an ER or urgent care, although I'm definitely stiff and sore. I don't have anyone who can watch my kids until tomorrow, and my husband is out of town. I feel bad that I'm even complaining about it, the accident was so minor impact that the two 2 yr olds who were in my car didn't even wake up during impact. But I'm sore and stiff from it. What's up with that?!

betrayedfriend posted 2/24/2014 15:53 PM

Just got done with my gp. He thinks it's whiplash and muscle strain. He wrote a script for 6 visits for pt and X-rays of my neck, and upper back/shoulders.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.