Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

What if they won't sign?

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

thenon-goddess posted 3/21/2014 05:23 AM

What do I do if he won't sign the acknowledgement of receipt of summons?

one2ndchance posted 3/21/2014 11:37 AM

I'm assuming they were mailed to him and he hasn't responded. You will have to contact your lawyer. He will have to hire a professional process server that will deliver the papers to him personally at his place of employment or his residence.

Gemini71 posted 3/21/2014 11:55 AM

I think I remember you saying you're working on this without laywers. If so, you can google "process servers in ..." for your area. They're expensive, but very necessary in these cases.

mof2 posted 3/21/2014 12:03 PM

Did you serve WS? They basically have to sign if they are served.

Catwoman posted 3/21/2014 12:08 PM

In most states, you cannot serve the other party.

Did a process server serve the paperwork on him? If so, they normally file a form that indicates they served the individual.


thenon-goddess posted 3/21/2014 14:35 PM

Thanks. Yes, Gemeni, no lawyers. I had to call around today, apparently I can have the sheriffs office serve for $30 an attempt.

Skan posted 3/21/2014 17:24 PM

Well then, since he's deciding to make you spend money to have him served, make sure that you send the process server where he is sure to find your STBX. Like, at his work.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy