Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
- Forum Archives

like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: 69lake (61503)

User Topic: tax question
♀ 39888
Member # 39888
Default  Posted: 6:19 AM, April 10th (Thursday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

A little bit of my story, 7 years ago, we had suffered from the Big 3 buyouts. His mother purchased the "marrital" home. During the past 7 years, I had been trying to have his mother let us claim it, which she replied, we cannot.

Fast forward, divorcing and amazingly, he gets to claim the house this year. After him being very rude about finding paperwork etc., he was supposed to have them done yesterday. Well I had texted to see what we would be getting, or if we owed. No response. (always no responses, so I am used to this)

I know he efiled and it will get deposited directly to his account. Should I call the attorney to force the dillweed to give me 1/2? Or should I just let him dig his grave. (he was cocky to the judge already and was ordered to pay all bills, including my car payment which I was paying, and my attorney fees).

BW: 41 (me)
Divorced soon.
Moving forward.
Pre Nursing Student
Getting a Do over at 42

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jul 2013 | From: Lonelyville
♀ 40115
Member # 40115
Default  Posted: 8:07 AM, April 10th (Thursday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Talk to your attorney now. While he's hanging himself with the rope he has, it'll be harder to get money out of him later.

Didn't he need your signature to file? If he entered in your E-Pin for your 'signature', isn't that fraud? Yeah, I'd talk to your attorney for sure.

One day
I'm gonna forget your name,
And one sweet day,
you're gonna drown in my lost pain. - "Sweet Sacrifice" by Evanescence

Double Betrayal D-Day 7/26/2013
Divorced 11/18/2014

Posts: 3391 | Registered: Jul 2013 | From: Illinois, USA
♀ 42510
Member # 42510
Default  Posted: 11:08 AM, April 10th (Thursday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Really, a question for your attorney.

As for the house, whoever pays the bills gets to take the deduction--that was the rule of thumb when I worked in the tax industry.

If he did sign with your epin, that is fraud, and the IRS doesn't like that.

"Somebody get this walking carpet out of my way." Princess Leia, Star Wars

Posts: 296 | Registered: Feb 2014 | From: Kansas
♀ 42257
Member # 42257
Default  Posted: 1:17 PM, April 10th (Thursday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

You also need to make sure he even filed jointly. He could have done married filing sepearate (not sure if he had your W2's), in which you could be on the hook to file yourself.

You'd also want to know if he claimed children if you have any, because if he did, you won't get any deductions separate (because he got them).

DEFINITELY contact your attorney ASAP.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2014
Topic Posts: 4

Return to Forum This Topic is Archived
© 2002 - 2017 All Rights Reserved.