Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

WH says he won't get a job

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Mochagurl posted 4/29/2014 12:27 PM

My WH is currently without a job. He has been doing temp work on and off since September 2013. Now he says he is t going to get a job cuz a good portion would go to SS. Kids are over 18. Long term marriage and all. My attorney advised to wait until he was employed. She said no job no SS.

He is a professional and should be making a substantial income. He has had anger issues on the job and he may never be paid what he should be making again.

I am Getting sick of waiting for a job to come through. I am thinking of looking at other attorneys again, but not sure I should go that route.

Life isn't fair. We have been together since high school under grad medical school and residency and 20 years of him working. Things should be getting better and easier now.

nowiknow23 posted 4/29/2014 12:37 PM

Please tell me he's clueless enough to have made such statements in writing?


Mochagurl posted 4/29/2014 12:42 PM

Nothing in writing. Just an argument with me, more than once. The most recent being last night. I had my iphone last night and was wishing it knew how to record the conversation.

I am concerned. I only make 1/10 of his salary. And I took 20 years off of work to raise the family and look after his well being so he could concentrate on his career.

one2ndchance posted 4/29/2014 12:48 PM

He's bluffing. Divorce him anyway. You will get half of savings and retirement assets. And when a judge finds out why he isn't working, you will get more of assets.

When he has to slash his style of living because there is no income, he'll rethink not working.

Kajem posted 4/29/2014 12:56 PM

If you can prove he is purposely underemployed, the court can impute his income.

Gather all his degrees, certificates that relate to his employment, continuing ed credits and make copies of them.

Gather his last 3 years income statements from when he was permanently employed.

Take it to your attorney. They will let you know if they have enough to pursue imputing income with the courts.

It's another (longer?) step in the process, but it can be done.

Good luck,

Mochagurl posted 4/29/2014 13:15 PM

My attorney was hoping to keep this as a dissolution and no court involved. She thought we wouldn't have as many arguments and discussions that way.

one2ndchance posted 4/29/2014 13:24 PM

Here comes a 2x4---

Gather your strength and self respect and move on without this loser. Tell your attorney you want to file. So what if you have to go to court? Will it cost more? Yes. You can petition the court to have him pay court costs AND your attorney fees.

What's more important to you? Paying court costs or living in misery.

Mochagurl posted 4/29/2014 14:14 PM

Thanks! Great advise, as usual. I guess I just needed reassurance that it will work out. He is getting close to retirement age and he has said a number of times he might just retire. But he really can't afford it right now.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy