Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

Divorced in a different state... have to register?

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

invictus posted 4/29/2014 17:49 PM

I was divorced in Alaska. Now I'm told that in order to enforce the court order in Texas, I have to register the divorce in Texas.

I don't have one-red-cent for a retainer fee, how do I go about "registering" my divorce?

This makes me grumpy. I thought all this crap was over and done 5 years ago!


Dreamboat posted 4/29/2014 18:01 PM

Is this for CS? If so, then contact the state CS enforcement agency and they can guide your thru the process. You generally need a certified copy of the court order, certified copy of child's birth certificate, and child's SSN card.

Good luck

newlysingle posted 4/29/2014 19:19 PM

I have no idea, but I doubt you'd need to hire an attorney. I'm sure it's just a matter if filling out some forms and having to show your divorce decree.

invictus posted 4/30/2014 01:00 AM

It's for spousal support/alimony -- the decree states payments until I remarry or die along with a few other specifics. The issue is non-compliance on his part -- frequent late payments put me on the edge of bankruptcy; now he is completely non-responsive.

I don't regret not asking for more... I only want what was agreed upon and what the court ordered -- consistently.

Not looking forward to the next couple of months as my job will be ending in June.

well, so it goes. Predictably.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.