Every year it is the same thing. Begin researching summer camps in December, compare costs and 2-working parents-friendly accessibility, discuss with DD8 her options and then Decide on a camp for DD8 that doesn't completely break the bank but at the same time will be something she likes and is comfortable going to. This summer I thought I had it made because a number of moms have offered to have DD8 hang with them for a week here and there and Best of all DD8's best friend's mom asked if DD8 could attend a couple of the town provided summer camps. So I had it down to 5 weeks of the quasi-expensive sports camps, 1 week for family vacation, 2 weeks of town camp, and 3 weeks of spending the week with a friend. Put my deposit down on the sports camps right at the deadline for signup. Go me!!!
Late last night the best friend's mom sends me a flurry of text messages that basically said that they (mom & dad) decided that the 2 camps agreed to are not the ones they want their son to go to. Instead they are signing him up for camps being held during the weeks that DD8 is at a sports camp. WTF!
My dilemmas are. 1) The money that I paid for the sports camps are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for a different camp. 2) DD8 has no desire to go to these new camps that her friend is going to (chess, ping pong & Mind Games). 3) Most affordable camps are now already filled to capacity. 4) I now have 2 weeks where I do not have DD8 coverage. Ugh.
Just once I would love to have my summer schedule done and stress free.
Pity party over.