It has been a recurring theme in our M that I will want to do something and my BH will say no and we won't do it. There have been occasions that he does say yes but more often than not he has a reason why we can't do it, or says we will do it later but never do.
Last summer we were seperated so we obviously didnt go on a real family vacation. DD and I went camping with friends for a few days and BH came up for a couple nights and then went home cuz he had to work.
This summer I would like to go on a family vacation. I know it wont be anything extravagant as we dont have the money, and BH is at his new job.....since he hasn't been there for six months yet he does not get vacation time.
I suggested to BH that we go away for three days; two of which are his days off (the third day we could come home early before he goes to work). At first he seemed like he wanted to do it so I suggested we look for a place tonight so we can get a plan and make reservations (and actually get a room).
He said we have to wait ten days before we look and try to plan something cuz he could potentially get a new shift in that time frame. In order to change shifts at his job they need to "win a bid" which is something that the new CO's rarely do since they are at the bottom of the food chain.
Now like I said I know I am being stupid and irrational. I realize we could wait ten days and then try to find somewhere to stay and still go on vacation.
But I am a little upset because I feel like I am being put to the side. Just once I would like to hear yes we can do that, lets do it now.
I just needed to vent; I am sure people will think I am being stupid and bratty but just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone understands where I am coming from.