This might sound strange but I have found:
1. Going to the pool and seeing and hearing life- children laughing, people relaxing, etc.
2. Going to a funeral or a cemetary when you realize life is so short and everything whether it is good or bad is a part of our life experiences and in the end it is about personal peace
3. Attending a wedding and the hope and sadness but overall hope marriage does work
4. A graduation where no matter what happens we move on and the anticipation of a new beginning. The lady who was recently let go her words that at her age and wisdom essentially we all graduate over and over again and start new with a refreshed understanding.
5. The beach where nothing can be built on the water and the waves come in and go back out.
Sometimes when things are a bit of mess this might help.