Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

More uterus questions from me - sorry

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

JanaGreen posted 5/27/2014 10:20 AM

I know the answer is probably call my doctor. The reason I don't want to is that I don't want another ultrasound (I'm up to five for this pregnancy so far, seven for the year, and I really don't want an eighth) and I really REALLY don't want another D&C.

Background - I started bleeding heavily on April 29, but the baby was confirmed alive on May 1 - however I had a subchorionic hematoma that was very large. I ended up in the ER on May 6 after a very heavy bleeding episode and the baby had no heartbeat and hadn't grown since the May 1 ultrasound. I had a follow up ultrasound on May 8 that showed that I had actually passed the fetus at some point after the ER ultrasound. I took misoprostol that same night, May 8 to induce my body to pass the rest of the tissue. It started working 4 hours after I took it. I went in the next week and there was some retained tissue visible on the ultrasound. My doctor suggested that I take the 2nd and 3rd dose of misoprostol that weekend, the 16th. I did and nothing happened (I was still spotting but didn't have the dramatic effect that the prior week's dose did). When I called the next week, which was last week, my doctor said that he wasn't too worried but that if I hadn't had a period in "a few weeks" to call the office.

Well, I haven't really stopped bleeding since then. It's usually just when I wipe and sometimes brown, sometimes red. I'm still getting faint positives on pregnancy tests. I seriously doubt I'll have a regular period in 2 weeks since I'm still bleeding from the miscarriage. I feel fine though.

I really don't want to call unless it's serious. My other 2 miscarriages I had D&Cs so it was completely different. Ultrasound appointments always end up being two hours long, they're expensive, and if I'm going to be away from the office I frankly need to be in counseling, not getting another damn ultrasound. Also I have an appointment with a high-risk clinic next week that's half an hour away from my office and I'm sure that'll take up a lot of time.

Sorry to whine. I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience, if it dragged on this long but everything was ok.

tushnurse posted 5/27/2014 12:09 PM

Just one question, is it possible for you to be pregnant again?
If so then I would be concerned given the complications you have had.

If not, I think I would wait it out. They will probably scan you at the High Risk Clinic.

ScarlettA1 posted 5/27/2014 13:01 PM

I would call your doctor. If there's leftover tissue you could get an infection. If the high risk clinic is for OB than maybe they can see you for that. I wish you the very best.

JanaGreen posted 5/27/2014 13:14 PM

Definitely not pregnant.

I need to call the clinic anyway to ask a question, I'll see if they want to do an ultrasound or anything that day as well.

jo2love posted 5/27/2014 13:14 PM

I'm sorry. I don't have advice. Hoping you are ok. Sending mojo and good thoughts.

purplejacket4 posted 5/27/2014 13:56 PM

The Bhcg will stay positive on a urine test for 3-4 weeks. I do post induced abortion care so I know the timelines.

JanaGreen posted 5/27/2014 14:39 PM

Thanks PJ - is the fact that I'm still bleeding problematic? I'm in no pain whatsoever.

And on the 3-4 weeks - when would the clock have started on that? After the first dose of misoprostol?

[This message edited by JanaGreen at 2:39 PM, May 27th (Tuesday)]

purplejacket4 posted 5/27/2014 15:27 PM

Generally when there's no heartbeat. You might spot for awhile. If it doesn't stop in another two weeks I'd talk to someone.

JanaGreen posted 5/27/2014 15:34 PM

Thank you so much.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy