Forum Archives

Return to Forum List

sti testing

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

Lark posted 6/19/2014 17:21 PM

I had a standard STI test done after I found out about my husband's affair. It only covered the basics though - chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV. I want to have a more complete one done, which needs to be scheduled through a doctor (rather than just the lab as the first STI was) - can you just ask for a complete one and they'll cover everything? Or do I need to ask for specifics?

Also, my husband - as well as OW1 and OW2 are ALL in the medical field, and the *only* thing they tried to prevent was pregnancy. So it was unprotected +bc and/or oral. Apparently common sense isn't so great.

tushnurse posted 6/19/2014 17:45 PM

You should be able to request a full panel of sad tests. Hepatitis included. You need to have vaginal swabs and blood drawn to get tested for everything you can be tested for.

Lark posted 6/19/2014 17:51 PM

Ok thank you, I wasnt sure if I'd need to go in with a list.

When I had my annual exam last year, I remember laughing when the dr said they do STIs as standard procedure. I laughed because the idea seemed so ludicrous after a 9 year relationship/5 year marriage.

I feel foolish now.

Chinadoll30 posted 6/19/2014 18:40 PM

I told my doctor what had happened and she was great. She said most of the tests can be included with a regular physical and should be covered by insurance.

Return to Forum List

© 2002-2018 ®. All Rights Reserved.