Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
- Forum Archives

like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: Else (61873)

User Topic: Need advice -custody issue
♀ 13700
Member # 13700
Default  Posted: 8:52 AM, August 2nd (Saturday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

The question is not about me but my SO. He has a 15 yr old daughter who has lived with him since she was two.
Her mother has been in her life but very questionable. Last year his DD wanted to go live with her Mom.
Her mom took him to court and he was advised by lawyer to let her try living with her mom as she would resent him for not letting her try.
He agreed and he got her every weekend.
The Mom said if she does not like it she can go back to Dad
Long story short,she wants to come back,hates it there,the grass was not greener.

The mother is now fighting it and they now have to go to court ordered counseling.
She is undermining the relationship and painting SO as a bad father.
How much emphasis is based on the childs wishes?

They are both so scared that he will lose and she will end up with the Mom.
It is really sad and even though my ex was a complete asshole,we never fought abour the kids
Thanks for any imput

His daughter is devastated that the court may side with the mom who is now married and seems to have gotten her life together
He is getting a lawyer btw

me:52 BS
him:48.serial cheater
Married: 20 years
Too many affairs
1 OC
Too many false R's
Now he is love with another
Update:DIVORCED..not sure I like it but at least it is the truth!!
He has married OW and have a 2 yr old a

Posts: 856 | Registered: Feb 2007 | From: somewhere
♀ 38207
Member # 38207
Default  Posted: 10:18 AM, August 2nd (Saturday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

In my state, at 15, the child's wishes would be granted unless the home they wanted was unfit (physical abuse, drug/alcohol abuse, history of the child being in trouble with the law while at that parent's house, etc). Also, there should be a court appointed child advocate who can interview the child away from both parents and possible do home visits and then make a custody recommendation to the judge.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Jan 2013
♀ 31528
Member # 31528
Default  Posted: 10:04 PM, August 3rd (Sunday), 2014View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Moved to D/S. Bump

Posts: 50946 | Registered: Mar 2011
Topic Posts: 3

Return to Forum This Topic is Archived
© 2002 - 2017 All Rights Reserved.