Im so sorry.
It's confusing,isn't it? I've been very outspoken about gay rights,equality,have gay friends,etc. He was/is well aware of all of this...yet he chose to hide this part of himself from me. WHY?
..that feeling you get in your stomach, when you heart's broken. It's like all the butterflies just died.
I have seen emails, and post online looking and seeking.
How do I get past this?
If my W sends emails (or any other type of communication) to anybody inquiring about sexual relationships, I'd have a big problem, no matter what the recipients' gender might be.
Assuming you're supposed to be exclusive with one another, why not just leave him? Alternatively, you can give him a 2nd chance: 'If you send one more inquiry, I'm outta here.'
What's keeping you from ending your relationship with this guy.
When I started on SI, I thought my sitch was very rare. It turns out it's not so rare, but what's more important, our WS's infidelity counts a lot more than the ap.
This thread doesn't get a lot of activity, so you might consider raising this issue over on R or G. I think you'd get more responses there.
Ok. I can't believe I'm about to say this...but maybe in this vast world of SI there is someone with the same experience.
I've been toying with the idea stbxwh might be questioning his sexuality and his LTEA might be an attempt to continue running from the truth.
- we have had a terrible sex life from early on when we were in our early-mid twenties. I used to chase him around the house begging for it. Last many years, sex might happen 4-5 times a year. This was always a big prob for me and he said it was for him too. But he was never interested. Blamed it on me and fighting.
- when we did have sex, it was never just fun sex it was always attached to some negative emotion for him- like guilt. We only really had sex when he was guilty- usually after a night of drinking and fighting with me.
- he drank a lot. All our friends wondered why he felt the need to always be the drunkest wherever we were.
- he has always been unhappy to depressed. Blamed it on me.
-when we were out, he NEVER looked at women, but I often felt like he looked at guys.
- some of our mutual friends have told me since our separation they wouldn't be surprised if...
-he abhors porn. Thinks it's embarrassing. Thinks it's disgusting. Any type.
-he is obsessed with his looks and looking trendy. Always. Not related to A.
-his Dad is gay (probably means nothing- but theories if genetics)
-whenever there is anything about anti-gay stuff in a movie or on tv, he cries. When we first heard song "same love" he bawled.
- the AP is ugly. Many have said she "looks like a teen boy".
Not to toot my own horn, but people say Im attractive and a million more times than her.
-on the tape recording of them, he was a bit aloof and she was throwing herself at him. I *think* she really was the "force" behind the A. She loves him and wasn't going to give up. I blame him- yes- but I do not feel he pursued her.
- he is so. Fucking. Angry. About everything. All the time. Anger like "something else is up here because who is THIS angry?"
- when we talk about "what if our kid was gay?" and I talk about it making zero difference to me - he cries...
- his stepdad is a redneck asshole who, when stbxwh was 15, told him to stop listening to such "homo" music and man up. Basically told him he WOULD go into
Business, make a bunch of money, get a wife. Stbxwh wanted to travel- but did everything to fit the mold stepfather laid out.
- he swears, SWEARS there was no PA. This one I'm careful about because there could be lots of reasons to lie about it...
He's certainly lied about a lot.
- I asked him once if he was gay and he lost. His. Shit. I asked him very lovingly after A was all out in the open between NC and just told him he seemed really lost, unhappy, troubled... He was furious and brought it up 3-4 times in MC after as "the biggest insult." And said "Im not gay."
Anyway- I have thought this for years waaaaay before A happened. I thought for a long time he had a crush on his male best friend.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with this? I know- it really doesn't matter at this point and it's energy into figuring him out that really should be directed elsewhere. Just wondering your thoughts...
Questioning my wife results mostly in deflection. "Why do you run around the back yard without clothes?" Answer: Do you have some sort of hidden camera there? No, but she didn't know Apple iCloud
shares its pics right away. I happened across them one night while at home when she was gone. She has since deleted them and I didn't email them to my account.
I don't know how much further the sex play goes as those scenes have never to my knowledge been photographed. She simply won't answer, except to deny that she's a lesbian. That denial is probably true, but I'd feel much better if she were more interested in sex with me.
Usually, she simply goes to dinner with these ladies and arrives at home about 8:00 p.m. with food left over for me. So they aren't doing the hotel scene when home. The sex play only happens to my knowledge on trips.
Anyway, what should I do? Hidden camera and confrontation?
Get her drunk and ask after telling her I think its "hot"?
The evidence I have isn't inconclusive.
Maybe they are just reliving their youth?
Thanks for comments.
This thread is for spouses with same gender APs ONLY. Please refrain from posting, since this does not apply to your situation. Thank you.
He swears he isn't gay or bisexual and I don't know what to think. What I do know is that this is just disgusting beyond words.
I know this isn't a very active thread but to all of the BS's out there--you aren't alone. Hugs and healing to everyone.
[This message edited by determinata at 3:01 AM, April 15th (Tuesday)]
6 years of TT and false R. Separated and on road to D unless SAWH shows change.
I am determined to be happy, whole, healthy.
I love to "pay it forward' since I'm one of the few old SI members that have survived this mindfuck and moved forward.
1. What did you tell your kids as the reason for separating?
2. How did you get through it/ how long did it take to get to the otherwise of this mindfuck?
3. What is your relationship like with your ex now?
My biggest worry isn't that he will cheat again.
It's that he is gay.
He says he's not. Says he's not bi either.
But I know better. He may be in denial, but Im not. I believe he is bisexual.
I have my ducks in a row. If he comes home and tells me one day he is gay, I will be ok. I've taken steps to make sure of that.
Sometimes I feel is is inevitable.
I have also gone through this, so I will take a try with your questions:
1. My STBX husband is still in denial that he is gay and I have teens, so we just told them that we were having problems and needed some time apart. We have been separated for two years and the kids have never asked any questions. I don't think it is ideal, but I don't want my teenage son having to think about his Dad with some guy.
2. I got through it a day at a time. I had suspected he was gay for some time as he was uninterested in sex and I found gay porn on computer, however, I had no idea that he was living a double life and carrying on a multi-year affair with a guy. I was in shock for at least a few weeks, but then started researching and realized that I needed to get my financial ducks in a row as I was a SAHM. Having something to work on helped me tremendously, but it was a struggle. I did IC for over a year and leaned on my religious beliefs for strength and comfort. It has been a hard road, but I feel pretty good two years out and am feeling like I might like to date in the next year or so.
3. Our relationship is decent. He is not my friend because friends don't do what he did, but we celebrate the kids birthdays, Christmas and Thanksgiving together. At first I hated doing it and only did so to keep from having to share the kids, but now I am indifferent. My youngest is now a teen, so I don't know how long I will keep it up. My situation is a bit different as he is still financial supporting us and will be doing so for sometime while I finish school.
I am here if you want to chat or have more questions.
Thanks for answering my questions.
My husband actually came out to me twice -once a year ago as bi but we wanted to work it out, then recently as gay (but again, he said he wanted to stay together and try to make this enough for him). A few days later, I hacked into his secret email account and found he had met up with a few men and had done some stuff with them (no sex, but kissing, oral etc.). I was so heartbroken. We had a great marriage - never fought, great sex life, etc. So this was so shocking to me that he could betray so much.
I confronted him and he initially only admitted to a few things.....after further digging and confrontations, he finally came clean about everything (which was backed up with all the evidence I found, that he couldn't figure out how and where I was getting it all from).
He said it wouldn't be fair to stay married, because he can't be the husband I deserve. We have two very young kids, so we are still in the house together but separate bedrooms. We have made some adjustments for holidays (Easter I still went to his family with him, but he did not come to my family's gathering). My kids are about to turn 2 and 5....and the 2 year old still wakes through the night. Due to that, and both wanting to be near the kids, and for financial reasons, it is nearly impossible for me to keep the house unless he stays living here. We have agreed to it until it no longer works for me (unlike many other stories I have read, my husband seems to be unique in that he is remorseful and agreeing to everything I say).
For a while (we are about a month post DDay) he seemed to be totally fine and not really as broken as me....but yesterday I saw him crying in his car and texted him to see if he was ok. He said he wasn't.....he was remembering all the great times we had, all the little things, how much he had loved me, and how stupid he was.....and that he can't believe he let it get to the point he did. He maintains he did not know until about 18 months ago that he was gay - that was the first time he was ever attracted to a man. And he doesn't understand it either because he was in love with me and was attracted to me (like I said, we had a great sex life). He was never cruel or mean to me - treated me like a queen. Always supportive, always affectionate and kind. Such a sweet man to me......but something has changed in him and I no longer recognise him. Yesterday was the first glimpse into the old him.
Fortunately, because he always treated me so well, it hasn't affected my confidence much, or messed with my mind as much.....what messes with me are the lies and betrayal. That someone I loved so much, and trusted completely, and gave everything to, could throw it away for a physical attraction....could lose sight of it or think it not important enough to remain faithful. Could show such a lack of kindness and respect, and could make such poor judgements (hello - anonymous hook ups?) and could continue having sex with me after meeting up with these men.
I do understand the financial pressures as if this had happened when we were younger, I don't know how we could have afforded to live separately. However, it is very hard to move forward when you are both sharing a home. One thing to be prepared for is that when they start wanting to live their "gay life" they really put themselves first to the exclusion of the kids and everything. This is used called the "adolescent phase" because they behave like uncontrollable teens.
I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. It is mind boggling to think that you know someone and then find out you really didn't know them at all. Check out the board that I mentioned as you will find many good perspectives there. Please know that I am here to support you as I know how difficult this is! (((emptiness)))