SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
I read an article at work today talking about happiness, and they said that happy people are thankful for what they have, rather than moaning about what they don't have. One action step was to list 3 good things that happened to you today.
Please add your own good things!
1. When I got to work, three people complimented me on my outfit and said that I looked great.
2. At work, one of the senior managers stopped by my desk to offer his condolences about my divorce (my name changed, so he found out.) He told me that he was divorced, and then about how much better his life has been since. Gave me tons of compliments (not in a creepy EA sort of way!) and offered his ear if I ever needed to talk about it.
3. Ran with a friend after work. We've become closer since I moved neighborhoods. He's one of the most interesting people I have met, and I'm so glad to have him in my life. The run just flew by with him at my side.
1. The big management review that I was supposed to lead this afternoon was rescheduled to Friday, giving me time to "pretty up" some of the less exciting stats.
2. Today's lunch vendor sold mashed potatoes and gravy a la carte so I didn't have to buy a full meal.
3. I got positive feedback from one of the buyers who walked through my house this past weekend.
Thanks, phmh! This is a great idea.
1. I woke up next to my SO after a good night sleep and he made me tea while I got ready.
2. I completed several steps to some projects at work that I always dread doing. Plus, I'm getting it done weeks early, since it's EOY stuff (June 30th is our physical year-end).
3. I realized it wasn't too late to get DS9 a yearbook. I put it off in October because I was moving and money was tight. They are selling them tomorrow morning and he will be able to do the yearbook signing party after all. No harm, no foul
1. My bff got accepted in her first choice grad program and is staying in DC for at least 3 more years!
2. G sent me a long, sweet email that made me cry when I woke up missing him this morning. I so needed it.
3. My snickerdoodles came out perfect.
1. Made brownies with my Teslet
2. I'm going to be an auntie again! (Just found out today!)
3. I wrote a few lines of poetry (have not felt the urge to do so in years)
Do they have to be today? I've had some pretty awesome luck this past week:
1) My brother & SIL forgot that they had gas points at Safeway and filled up elsewhere; their points were about to expire so they let me use them--I got $1.00 off a gallon of gas! Woo hoo!
2) My office is closing and they are throwing away the printers and other equipment, so I got a free printer and a free paper shredder! Woo hoo!
3) I was able to use frequent flyer points, so my ticket to NY in July only cost me $180.
I may be losing my job but life is good!
1) Bought a house today!
2) Was able to empty my storage unit that I thought I would have to pay another month on.
3)Was told I am a great cook and I don't show it by how I look!
Love this phmh! Love hearing the good stuff from you all!
1. Had dinner with a great friend and she paid She has been with me through thick and thin with this A stuff.
2. Had a good conversation with my usually non communicative son
3. See my thread "just have to share"
I LOVE gratitude lists! It was high time we had another thread of "good things". Thanks phmh!
1) BB made it back from his motorcycle trip to Texas today. He stopped by his house barely long enough to unload his bike, and came straight out to see me. Hmmm......I'm thinking he might have missed me.
2) I ran into one of the guys I dated for a while a few months ago. It kind of just "fizzled" between us, but no hard feelings or anything. We ended up having a nice visit, and it's obvious that we can be friends and not be uncomfortable around each other. That's a plus!
3) I got all the maintenance caught up on my jeep today. WooHoo! I've running really behind on getting my personal stuff done, so this was a huge relief to me. Slowly getting caught up around here......
I love threads like this... I think it's important to share the good stuff, too.
1. I had several people compliment me on my recent weight loss (down 22 lbs so far!)
2. I went shopping with my oldest girl banana (16) and her BBF and they outfitted me for my boy banana's HS graduation on Friday. I love my new outfit - it's bright and happy
3. I'm just happy... in a really good place overall. It took a lot of years but I finally made it. That makes me smile every day.
1. My baby boys are cuddling each other while they are asleep on my bed (something the little one doesn't usually allow ). So adorable.
2. My nephew is 30 weeks and I am so excited to meet him. Babies= instant happy.
3. I am working hard on buying a new house and getting rid of a certain x from the credit report. It is hard, but I am making definite progress and it looks good!
I love this thread!
1. My class situation has resolved so now I am much less stressed out.
2. A fella is pursuing me and it feels nice. Date #3 coming up.
3. Bills are paid and not late.
Gave me tons of compliments (not in a creepy EA sort of way!)
This made me lol
1. I got to wake up in FL next to the man I love...and I so rarely get to wake up next to him, I would have been just as happy in Siberia.
2. It's raining, which made me slow down and relax this morning, rather than go full speed ahead trying to see and do everything before I go home.
3. I just found out, I will most likely be able to make it home in time to see the Monster Brothers soccer games this weekend.
1. I finished a job at 2 am this morning and now have 4 days off - yay!
2. Took a drive out in my cabriolet and the sun was shining!
3. Gonna have a snuggle film night with my DD!
1. My son graduated from 5th grade today.
2. My daughter got accepted into the Pre-engineering program. She is 13.
3. ALL my SI friends. I could not do it without you guys!!!
1. I have some job leads, including a way to possibly keep my old one.
2. I've lost about 25 lbs, and look better than I have in a long long time
3. I am making new friends, and my home life is so much nicer
1) I leave for a 5 day trip to Vegas tomorrow!
2) My bosses spoil me with fresh veggies from their garden, baked goods, and caffeinated beverages: grin:
3) I finally cleaned up my back yard so now I can gussy it up proper.
1 - I woke up.
2 - My kids woke up.
3 - We have household utilities that function and food in the house.
1. My follow-up STD panel (including HIV) came back clean.
2. The Dr. has an easy and quick-acting solution to two recent and frightening side effects DD has developed with her new Tourette's med. This med has been miraculous on her tics, and I was terrified we'd have to take her off of it, but with a simple OTC solution, she should be free from side effects and able to continue the med.
3. DD survived 7th grade. Let summer begin!
Yay for a clean panel, NIK! I may have been so excited when I got that news back myself that I got a little inappropriate about which coworkers I told.
Can I post 3 more today? This is supposed to be a daily thing, right?
1. I was told I am a very powerful speaker at the public speaking training I was at for 6 hours today. I HATE speaking publicly, so this was an really touching compliment to me.
2. My run went better than expected. (Finally getting over the discouragement hump following my ankle sprain and 3 months of no running.)
3. G texted to say he misses me and he still gets to see me tomorrow, right? Silly boy, I had just emailed him to confirm.
ETA: I have no clue where that ? came from. Crazy phone gremlins.
[This message edited by Amazonia at 7:48 PM, May 31st (Thursday)]