2) Took a multivitamin this am, had fresh fruit juice (juice cart on the sidewalk, so convenient), and took a supplement called Calm-Plex, has something called "L-Theanine", anyhow I did feel calm.
3) Work projects falling into place. Thing we're trying for the first time got tweaked at 4pm and magically began working; could save megabucks and time.
4) Found free books on stoop. Thrillers etc. Am about to read Pet Semetary for the first time.
5) Low-hassle sandwich for dinner, with avocado.
6) Took the recycling down.
7) Smoked less today. I think partly due to the supplement.
8) Can read NY Times articles free if you click on links to them from google or google news.
9) Found Burt's Bees lip balm 3-pack at dollar store.
10) management company extended my month-to-month lease for 2 months with zero hassle
11) Working with some really nice people on one project I care about
12) Fresh sheets and duvet cover
2. J, the guy I went on a date with last night, sent me a text first thing this morning to tell me what a great time he had :)
3. J and I are going to the Queen rockumentary that premieres next Thursday. I love Queen! None of my friends wanted to go with me, but he's super excited about it since he loves them, too. I was going to just go alone, but this will be more fun.
4. My new sheets and duvet cover that I ordered arrived a week earlier than expected (today!), so I get to sleep on them tonight, after they get out of the dryer.
5. I had to go to a work luncheon thing, and I won the centerpiece off of my table, so I have gorgeous, fragrant flowers on my dining room table right now.
6. Fall is arriving and, with that, sweater weather. Yum!
Married: 11 years, no kids
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. -Michelangelo
2. Discovered my local market now carries peppermint chocolate tea that actually tastes wonderful!! .. and has zero calories.
3. Had a great skype today with my eldest child who is loving grad school this semester!
4. Sky tonight is so clear and dark I saw the Milkyway (swoonable moment).
5. Sunday comics!
6. Fresh, local fruit for breakfast ... and there is still some for tomorrow.
2. One of my onerous volunteer responsibilities is about to end. Just 3 weeks to go and I'm done forever!
3. At least 7 of my new coworkers are planning to come out to cheer me on in the marathon! I'm not sure if they will actually come, but the thought is nice. Most of the ones who are coming live less than a block from the course, so I have to tell them what time I am likely to run past their house.
2. Got to play a game with my sister last night
3. Took a walk in the sunny fall awesomeness yesterday on lunch break
2. Massage tomorrow with my amazing massage therapist.
3. My favorite local brewery has special edition beers and you never know if they're going to make your favorite again. I was at the store this evening and they had my absolute favorite ever -- it had been probably three years since I had it!!! I may have to go tomorrow and buy more, but since I was walking, I could only get two four-packs.
4. My parents are coming into town Sunday and we're spending the day together doing a special even put on by my city.
5. I fixed my bike, so starting Monday, I am a bicycle commuter!
6. I am rocking out to Queen's Greatest Hits right now, and Freddie Mercury has the best voice ever. What talent!
2. My parents surprised me by taking me out to dinner. We're spending the day together tomorrow, so I didn't think they'd come up today, as well.
3. Got a massage today, and it was great, as always. I've been going to him since 07 or 08, and we've developed this really great friendship over the years, so it's always nice to see him, in addition to getting the massage!
2. Had a great coaching day! Love cheering the girls on and helping them plan race strategies.
3. I bought a book for myself and am actually reading it! Pre d-day I was an avid reader. This is the first book post d-day that I've been able to immerse myself in and not get distracted by divorce/infidelity bullshit.
1. Was planning on just staying in tonight, but my friends convinced me to go to this reception where I met an Olympian and ended up having a great time. Plus...free dinner!
2. My coworkers are just so amazing. They decorated my office and bought me presents for an important event that is happening in my life. They just go above and beyond, and I still can't believe it most days.
3. I get to sleep in tomorrow -- this will be the first Saturday where I could do this since probably February. I am so excited!
2. I exercised 4 days last week.
3. The temperature is supposed to drop overnight, and tomorrow the high will be around 70 degrees, instead of the 90 it hit today.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, less than perfect
2. Went to the movies with a friend this evening; got to see a classic silent movie with a live orchestra playing in the background. It was so good, and I know that we'll be referencing this movie throughout our friendship. I love building shared history and memories like that!
3. Today marked the start of my 3rd week as a bicycle commuter. Door to door, it's faster than driving my car, and I get some sneaky exercise in. Score!
2. Signed a lease last Friday! Excited to move in a month
3. Starting to get back into my groove at work
1) I finally got everything squared away in my house after my annual biker bash celebrating the end of summer (and riding). It was a GREAT party saturday, and I've had several people call me to tell me how much fun they had. I finally got the last guest out the door about noon-ish on sunday. No drunk driving from my house!
2) I got the financial stuff done at the parent's today. It has become apparent that I need to take over paying the bills, and have online access to monitor stuff. Thankfully, things are in place so I can do this. Tomorrow. It was kind of scary today.
3) That damned Texan (my loving nickname for the best FWB on earth) will be here wednesday. I am soooo looking forward to seeing him again! Yeah, he'll be headed back to Texas, but he came through for me when I needed a good friend.
So....from Wednesday thru the weekend, I'm gonna be MIA. Enjoying some long-past due time with him....and just having fun. I'll talk to y'all after I recover.
God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to
change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me.
2. A GREAT financial planner!
3. My wonderful, supportive children and grandchildren that make me happy every day!
[This message edited by thebighurt at 12:23 AM, October 9th (Tuesday)]
2) My volunteer 'job' these past 2 weeks with an organization I've been involved with for 10 years had a great event, even with the bad weather, and we finished on time...
3) Enjoying a quiet day (no school :) at home with my 2 kiddies, warm & cozy with my new wood stove fireplace insert.
Nobody forgets what happens, the secret is learning to live with it.
1. Went for a walk at lunch, breaking up my day with exercise and happiness.
2. Planning a bachelorette party for a good friend; it is going to be so much fun!
3. I got invited to the suite at a huge college basketball game later this year. True, it's for work so I'll have to entertain our clients, but exciting that I was chosen!
2. Good night's sleep last night!
3. Kick ass work out plans for today!