SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1. My kids
1) Learning about Ireland. Such a beautiful country!
2) New friends.
3) Loving solo travels!! No one telling me what to do and how I'm doing it wrong.
1. I managed to scrape together enough money to get my awesome pre-med DD21 a safe, reliable car for her 21st birthday. She's living at home, commuting to college 50 miles a day. XH (her sperm donor) hasn't had anything to do with her in 5 years. His loss!
2. After a shaky 6 month period with my late-stage start-up with missed paychecks and funding issues, looks like the company is back on track. I finally was caught up on my pay (hence the $$$ for #1)
3. Seeing a guy again "Opposite Guy" that I haven't seen in 18 months. It took a lot of dating in the meantime to realize that we do have amazing chemistry. It may not be a "forever" relationship, but when I am with him I am happy, peaceful and content. That's all I really need now.
1. Realising that although I may not have worked myself our completely, I have learnt a lot following my XWBF and have taken action to put changes in place
2. I got the opportunity to give out some awards at work yesterday. It was nice to make sure people feel appreciated and it was fun
3. Sources like SI, Baggage Reclaim and MarcandAngel to help me get perspective at a bad time
1. The washer in my apartment is working again, so I could wash my running clothes -- perfect timing as I was just about out of sports bras.
2. I was on my evening run, thinking how sad that I would no longer run into my friend S, as she moved a few miles away, and then she literally ran into me and we did a few miles together. What a wonderful surprise!
3. I may have mentioned this before, but it's making me happy again tonight. My favorite brewery puts out special edition beers that may or may not ever be brewed again. I've been thinking about one of their brews for years, and then they made it again and now I'm drinking one. It's so tasty!
1. I found a new preschool for my son and 4K for my daughter in the town we are moving to next month!
2. I had a fantastic first date and plans in the works for second date!
3. I have an awesome weekend of fun social plans coming up!
1. I laughed out loud at something that seemed really ridiculous, then laughed at myself harder when I realised I'd been an idiot and completely misunderstood.
2. I'm trying to get buy in for a proposal at work that will make things a lot easier for a lot of people. I actually don't think it's going to fly but I like that I am the kind of person that cares enough, and is willing to fight for the things I really believe in.
3. This morning at work 2 women were gushing about my hair as if I wasn't actually there. "It reminds me of something out of a classic Titian painting" etc One of the women is a completely fake kiss ass so I don't really care, but the other one is someone I have a lot of respect for and doesn't say things she doesn't mean
1. spent time with a good friend who lives far away
2. Saw the Dali Lama
3. Had enough extra cash to go for frozen yogurt with my kids
1. Great one on one time with my son yesterday
2. Good hugs from my daughter this morning
1. People other than me posting to this thread :)
2. Went out dancing at the art museum with a friend. It was fabulous!
3. Wonderful dinner with friends. Missed out on so much being married to an anti-social weirdo. So happy now!
1. One of my friends started working at my company, in my small department. Now I get to see her so often! Yay!
2. I am going to a concert tomorrow night with friends. I have never heard of the band. Was told to dress "like a hipster." Not sure how I'm going to pull that off with my wardrobe :) But I'm going to have fun!
3. I have leftovers from Sunday night, so I can run a bit longer this evening since I don't have to cook and can still eat delicious food! Speaking of which -- I had better get outside, running!
1. Bought myself a new clarinet today. I joke that I quit buying from music stores because I already own one of everything--but this has some extra keys beyond the standard clarinet. Can you tell I'm excited?
2. Got a lot of work done.
3. Had a nice quit meetup with a friend. He'd made cheesey bread for me because he knew I'd been teaching all evening and hadn't had a chance to have dinner.
4. Had a somewhat productive day.
1. got the keys to my new apartment yesterday
2. have plans with a dear friend tomorrow that I will make happen come hell or high water
3. awesome girls night out coming up this next weekend
1. Productive day at work
2. Friend's baby is due
3. One laser appointment closer to less shaving.
1. Zumba tonight!
2. Accomplished a fair amount at work today
3. Dollar scoop night at the local Baskin-Robbins... which sort of negates item number one.
2. No fallen trees in my yard
1. Today I got a new client scheduled for next week
2. I bought a new pair of super cute boots that make me squeeeee
3. Home Depot guy gave me a free transmitter for my ceiling fan/light fixture so hopefully I won't have to buy a new unit.
1. Just recalculated where I am as of 10/31, and I am on track to hit my total miles running goal for the year (though it may be close.) My reading goal may be another story (ha!) unless I find some short books for the last two months!
2. Great week at work -- 2 senior people stopped by my office to tell me they don't know what they'd do without me!
3. I bicycle commuted every day in October except for one (day before my marathon -- I needed to rest my legs a bit.) I have been able to save a ton of money by not having to pay for parking or gas! Hoping to keep up my streak and commute every day in November.
Great thread! it is so important to remember what we are grateful for.
Phmh your signature line really spoke to me today. Thank you.
1. I love what I am learning in school. As much as I complain about how hard this is, truly believe now it was what I was meant to do and meant to be. It is where I started out before getting sidetracked with marriage. Then, family. Don't regret the family part just the marriage part.
2. Got a SO now. Not sure how long it will last but for today it is good. He is polite, cooks for me, thinks I'm beautiful and attracted to my intelligence. Doesn't seem to have mental health issues or abusive tendencies, hasn't put inappropriate moves on me/sexual innuendo, etc., isn't scared that I have children, and he's age appropriate.
3. After my kids being severely messed up from the break up of our family and divorce, they are settling in now. I am so thankful and proud too. Won't go into details here because it is uncomfortable for me, but life was very bad for awhile. It was so painful for me to watch what they went through and how the damage manifested itself in areas of their lives; each one of them. The pain of that + pain of mourning the loss of a dream/my own detachment from a loser was overwhelming. What I am thankful for is that we are doing ok, well better than ok now. During the dark days it seemed like this would never happen.
Couldn't have done it without SI either. Thank you so much for help on board and by private message.
1. The Halloween candy is finally out of the office so I actually ate all the fruits and veggies I brought for a snack today.
2. I reviewed my new retirement account and it is fairing pretty well I think.
3. I finally made the 20 minute phone call to the bank to fix some issues with my online account access.
1. I early voted today!
2. Just finished a fun training session with my parrot. She knows so many tricks; it's great!
3. I'm doing laundry tonight, so will have clean running clothes again! (Aside: once I finally move into a house again, it will be hard for me not to be grateful every day that I don't have to share a washer/dryer, go outside to use it, or pay 12 quarters to do a load of wash!!!)