SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1. I early voted today!
2. Just finished a fun training session with my parrot. She knows so many tricks; it's great!
3. I'm doing laundry tonight, so will have clean running clothes again! (Aside: once I finally move into a house again, it will be hard for me not to be grateful every day that I don't have to share a washer/dryer, go outside to use it, or pay 12 quarters to do a load of wash!!!)
1. got an email with SO's flight information for Thanksgiving weekend.
2. tomorrow is Friday which means I can wear jeans to work, so I don't have to do laundry tonight.
3. I got the insurance sign-up packet at work (new job) today. When it kicks in, it'll be the first time since the divorce that I will have health insurance.
1. My six year old daughter who has been having some behavioral issues got good marks for behavior every day for the past two weeks.
2. I don't have to cook dinner tonight.
3. I've lost almost twenty pounds since coming home from the hospital with my newborn daughter (I still have about 100 to go to be on the high end of healthy weight for my height).
1. Took a day off from work and cleaned out my garage. Now I can fit at least one car in there!
2. I made a schedule and planned out my free 4 day weekend. Plan to have a great stay-cation
3. Started painting and mosaic work after a break. So much fun!
empresslingpha, I'm right there with you. I have twins with ADHD and we had a really bad week with them where they were both managing to spit out their medication behind our backs. It felt like victory when we finally got back on track and a whole week without getting calls to come and deal with them. I ended up going one day literally straight from a funeral to the school to talk with one of them.
My good things:
1. I got time to really play with my new clarinet today! It's wood, and I got a harder reed, so a much richer sound than my old instrument!
2. I had a good talk with an old friend via e-mail.
3. I had several other really good talks with a few people.
4. I had a great fish taco at a Mexican restaurant with a huge long island iced tea--first one I've ever had, and delicious!
My three things:
1) I applied to college yesterday!
2) I joked with my friends about frat parties next year.
3) I talked with my son about seeing his tutor for SAT prep, if necessary.
1. I got paid last night. This is awesome because the refrigerator is really very bare.
2. Breakthrough in my running last night and I've finally got my yoga headstand down.
3. A weekend to study for exam two.
I finally signed up on some financial monitoring websites and found –
1 – A payoff date/calculator for my student loans! After all the deferments and forbearances, I honestly had no idea how many years were left, and while I could make extra payments, nothing on the student loan website would show me what that meant in terms of interest and life of the loan reductions.
2 – My credit is not only not horrible (refused to check it for a year following D), but it’s actually GOOD, and once I pay down my credit cards will be very good. Which means planning to buy a home again isn’t such a ridiculous fantasy after all!
3 – Stupid picture Friday had me in stitches. The zoo signs, I smile just thinking about them.
1. Glad so many SIers affected by Sandy have checked in and so far all are safe.
2. Still on a high from my travels. I had such a good time on both trips!! And have new friends from my tour!
3. My "winter home" closed today, so I now have two homes!
1. it's Friday
2. I have a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge
3. did I mention, it's Friday
1. Just got back from a fabulous ladies' weekend away. I could come up with dozens of things that made this weekend so wonderful! But the biggest one is being with friends and the stronger friendships we made together.
2. Ran a half marathon on this weekend away, and missed a PR by less than a minute on a really tough course. I was planning to take it easy, so I beat my goal time by 15 minutes. Yay!
3. We stopped at a winery on the way back, so now I have a case of great wine, replenishing my stock that I take when I visit someone's house. Also, my winery club membership had been in my XWH's name, but after I explained what happened, they just gave me a new membership and didn't make me pay to rejoin :)
1. I completed my bathroom reno yesterday, had the best shower ever...and I'm proud I did it myself.
2. My boys and I had a really great weekend together.
3. I've got my health and I'm thankful for that.
1. I bought cute new shoes this weekend, and 8 hours into wearing them, they don't hurt!
2. I have tomorrow off and get to visit my friend and her new baby.
3. Just got the program for a work trip to Italy and it sounds a lot more fun than last months trade show.
ETA: Thank you for this thread btw. I keep coming up with a lot of good things every day since I decided to participate.
[This message edited by Crescita at 3:18 PM, November 5th (Monday)]
Yay! It always makes me so happy when people post here!
1. People continuing to post on this thread.
2. Going to an NCAA basketball game with my dad tonight.
3. Got a comment on my commute home today - "Can't believe you're biking in a skirt!" It's the first comment I've gotten from a stranger about my biking attire, and it made me smile. I responded that it only counts when other people in skirts pass me, so I wished him a nice ride home, and then he took off, leaving me in the dust.
(In case anyone is interested, I have never been passed by anyone on a skirt. I also have never seen anyone else bike commute in a skirt. I do wear pants or shorts under my skirt so I don't flash anyone!)
It's been awhile...time to post again.
1. Teslet and I got all the winter bird feeding stations set up yesterday...we were treated to cardinals, woodpeckers, gold finches, chickadees and nuthatches this morning.
2. One of my hardest working students got 100% on his math test...you should have seen his little smile...I think it's the first perfect score he's ever gotten!
3. I have been indulging in a box of mint meltaways...yummy
I so love reading about everyone's positives!!! Thanks for keeping them coming!
1. I discovered a new artist last week -- have been playing his CD almost nonstop and it is so fantastic. I sing his songs in my head when I'm not listening to the CD. He has really enriched my life. And, I touched him when he brushed past me after his concert!!!
2. I lost my foam roller in the divorce, and was slow on getting another one, but it arrived in the mail today, so I am super excited!
3. One of my good friends is getting married this weekend. She is such a wonderful person, and her fiance is great. I am so happy for them!
1. Had a very fun first date on Wednesday.
2. Bought two super cute new dresses online.
3. Having a family night with my two boys tonight. It's my 13-year old's turn to plan which means Chinese food and a super hero movie, undoubtably.
1. Saving is fun
2. Saving is fun
3. Saving is fun
I'm really trying to cut back on spending this month. It's killing me. Absolute torture. It's only the 9th! Out of 30!? So I am keeping my debt free and savings goals at the forefront. That's something to celebrate, yes?
1. Three day weekend - w00t!
2. Tonight should be just WB and baby banana time... it should be fun.
3. I'm paid weekly and realized I get five paychecks this month! Of course, the extra will pay for my car registration and new tires but that's okay... "extra" just in the nick of time!
[This message edited by wildbananas at 4:57 PM, November 9th (Friday)]
Can I play? I need to spend more time on positive thoughts.
1. I had a great sunrise walk on the beach this morning with my pups, even if it was a little chilly.
2. I don't have to do anything tonight so I might just cuddle on the couch with my doggies and watch a movie.
3. My 7 year old niece is in her first school play tonight and I can't wait until she calls to tell me how it went!