SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
Gah!! Double post.
[This message edited by NoTriangles at 5:20 PM, November 9th (Friday)]
1. I've got the bestest SO ever. Not only did he listen to me whine about a situation at work, first he specifically asked me about it, and afterwards he told me I wasn't whining. god, I love this man.
2. I just made lunch & shopping plans with my sister for tomorrow.
3. I bought a new pair of shoes.
1. Just booked a couple of nights away...a special little Christmas trip for Teslet and me.
2. Been having a good time tonight with my siamese cat that loves to play fetch. (i think he's a dog disguised as a cat)
3. I don't know what it is, but I love waking up to the last couple of frosty mornings. Just makes me smile as I look out on my backyard with a warm cup of coffee in hand.
1. Was doing some organizing, and I found a box of winter running gear I thought XWH had stolen. Yay for warm running hats and gloves!
2. I have very few plans this weekend, which means a must-needed recharge break for me.
3. I finally went to the bike shop and had fenders put on, which means I can bicycle through rain and snow and get less wet. I am determined to ride all winter, and this gets me one step closer.
1. Had a parent meeting yesterday and it did not blow up in my face. Got a compliment from the administrator for my ability to handle a potentially agressive and bullying parent. (Thanks asshat for all the practice)
2. The last couple of days, I've pulled into MY driveway and walked into MY house. Took care of MY animals. I am so grateful that I'm not in limbo anymore.
3. Just got my marathon pics in the mail...can't wait to frame them with my finisher's medal.
1. It's Saturday!
2. I am having brunch later with a good friend.
3. I have little else to do this afternoon so I might bake some cookies while I work on my Christmas cards.
1) Getting things ready to travel to my winter home and Thanksgiving with two of my kids and their families.
2) Had a great lunch with three of my dearest friends today at a nice restaurant. So glad to have a chance to see them before I leave.
3) Lost my smart phone somewhere - found it after a search. It dropped from my purse when I stopped to get a lottery ticket. It felt like I had won the lottery when I got it back! My life is in it. I don't know phone #s or any of the other info in it.
With it being Thanksgiving Eve, I thought it would be the perfect time to bump this one up!
1. I was able to get two loads of laundry done tonight! Lately whenever I've tried to do it, someone else has been using the machines, so this was great!
2. My sister and BIL are in from out of town, and I get to see them Saturday. My dad, BIL, and I are going to reenact a fabulous photo from this summer.
3. My work closed early, so I got a longer run in and was still showered by 6 pm. The evening is now all mine!
1. I live in a really cool house with a fireplace and I own it. View of the vineyards and mountains.
2. I have a nice family to spend txgiving with.
3. My cat is furry and nice to cuddle.
1. Just had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with my 3 favorite guys - my 2 sons and my SO.
2. ds20 brined the turkey, made one of the desserts, and made the gravy from scratch this year. SO helped with the food prep today. It is so wonderful having help in the kitchen preparing a holiday meal.
3. Work closed early yesterday (entirely unexpected) and even though some of us have to work tomorrow, we were told we're going to play it by ear, and if we can close early, we will.
1. Forced myself to do a longer run today in order to meet my mileage goal for the year, and it felt great and now I am so happy I didn't allow myself to wimp out and cut it short.
2. I don't want to jinx myself with two days left in the month, but I have been able to ride my bike to work every day in November! It's not been as bad as I'd feared with the cold weather, and I am thinking I can do it all winter long.
3. While lizards are not the most interactive of pets, mine has been much more fun and active lately. Usually he's brumating (kind of hibernation-lite) this time of year. Now I joke that he brumated extra because he didn't want to deal with the bad vibes XWH emitted so now he's happier, too, and staying fully awake longer :)
1) I signed up for my first half marathon. I have done 2 triathlons before but never done this. I've got time to train and I'm excited!
2) My SO was out of town on business this week and last night in my therapy session I realized I really didn't care. I had actually kind of forgotten to be anxious about it at all and he was actually already home. It used to be a big trigger for me to have him gone. We had done some EMDR on it and I didn't think it worked. I guess it did something after all!
3) I cleaned off my desk this week and reorganized everything into folders. My todo list is large but I'm feeling really good about where I am on it.
1) Had a nice, long, conversation filled evening with my SO last night
2) Might get to lead a small group to Ireland next year for work *fingers crossed*
3) I'm getting a new TV today so I can finally watch the "free" cable that comes with my apartment (seriously I've gone 13 months without watching cable that I'm technically paying for in rent!)
1. I bought an electric fireplace heater last weekend and teslet and I are basking in it's lovely fake fire glow
2. Was contacted for another job opportunity!
3. Excited to get away this weekend!
1. I try not to write too much about my dating in this thread, but I had a first date with a guy today (lunch) and it went really, really well. He's so nice, intelligent, cultured, tall, and deliciously hot. YUM! We met online, but found out we have a friend in common, and he is a really good guy.
2. Got out for a run this evening and it was great. I feel so energized!
3. About to take a bubble bath with candles, like in the movies, and wonder in amazement at how great life is now!
1. Yesterday was my one year antiversary (though I really want to call it an anniversary since it's ultimately made my life so much better) and one of my SI friends happened to be in town on business, so he took me out to dinner and we had a wonderful time. First time I'd met someone from here in real life.
2. I have plans with friends every night this week. This posed a problem for my running since I tend to sleep in, but I've actually been getting up and getting my runs in. It's such a great way to start the day, so I have to continue to not be lazy!
3. I get to see my dad tonight as we're going to a basketball game. I can't wait!
Had to bump this to share my incredibly exciting news.
1) I just completed my very first ever crossword puzzle in 17 minutes 11 seconds without any cheating!
Also happy about
2) Finally started my new gym yesterday
3) Learning to make awesome smoothies and consume more produce with my Ninja
Congrats, Crescita! And thanks for bumping up this thread!
1. Went to a movie alone last night again (part of a film series I signed up for) and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first one.
2. My first issue of Cook's Illustrated came in the mail today, and I can't wait to make the oatmeal muffins. (One of my NB goals is to become a much better cook -- I was pretty decent, but I want to be fantastic!)
3. This weekend, I am meeting a friend who I've known online since 2007. We've never met in person, but I know we're just going to love each other as we have so much in common. One of her posts was the reason I signed up for the forum where we met, and I've loved all of the other ladies from there I've met in person.
I love this thread! Thanks for bumping, Cresita.
1) I met with my builder today and he gave me a move in date of 2/16. I can't wait!
2) I played Super Mario Bros. with younger ds tonight. We had so much fun and beat the world 7 castle!
3) I watched 2 episodes of New Girl tonight with my mom and absolutely belly laughed. It felt great and it had been way too long since that had happened.
1. I was telling a work friend that I'm planning on buying a house in the next few months, and one of the senior guys on the team overheard this. He asked if he could visit my potential house before I buy it to do an amateur home inspection since he's become a semi-expert and doesn't want to see me get into a bad deal. (Of course I am also having a professional home inspection.) I just love how much my new coworkers look out for me and have taken me in as one of their own.
2. My pets (three parrots and a lizard) thrive more and more every day. It's been over a year since they've had no exposure to XWH, and it really amazes me how much negativity they could pick up on and how fabulous they are now that there's only happiness in our house. They are so happy now (one began talking again after not talking for 7 years -- asking me to give him a kiss.)
3. January is complete, which means I am one month closer to spring. Yay!
1) Have a wonderful new SO that is many times more suited to me than my X. She is smart, affectionate, outdoorsy, great conversationalist, attractive, and wakes up full of happiness rather than grumpy until after breakfast! I may be rebounding some, but don't care. Feel like I deserve some happiness and it is fun being on the wild side!
2) Work is going great.
3) So many friends around town and around country (including my mini SI harem) are so nice and fun to banter with.
4) Looking forward to Valentine's Day. got some roses on order!
5) Have made so many new friends at the local assisted living place where I take my dogs a couple times a week. Feel like I am really contributing to society in a positive way.
[This message edited by Bebba1171 at 12:54 PM, February 4th (Monday)]