SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1) Have a wonderful new SO that is many times more suited to me than my X. She is smart, affectionate, outdoorsy, great conversationalist, attractive, and wakes up full of happiness rather than grumpy until after breakfast! I may be rebounding some, but don't care. Feel like I deserve some happiness and it is fun being on the wild side!
2) Work is going great.
3) So many friends around town and around country (including my mini SI harem) are so nice and fun to banter with.
4) Looking forward to Valentine's Day. got some roses on order!
5) Have made so many new friends at the local assisted living place where I take my dogs a couple times a week. Feel like I am really contributing to society in a positive way.
[This message edited by Bebba1171 at 12:54 PM, February 4th (Monday)]
And one more. My beloved Indiana Hoosier basketball team is ranked number 1!
And one more. My beloved Indiana Hoosier basketball team is ranked number 1!
I've been feeling "meh" and a little bit sorry for myself lately, so I think it's time to revive this.
1. I'm looking to buy a house, and several of my coworkers have offered to help me with various things (i.e. inspect it with me pre-purchase, help me fix things that XWH would have done if I can't figure it out, etc.) My new job and coworkers are definitely the best thing that came out of my NB!
2. It's staying light out later! After work, I was able to walk to the library, credit union, and grocery store, and return home before it was pitch black outside. Spring is definitely on its way.
3. My 11 year old car broke down mid-intersection last Sunday, and I was worried it would be really expensive and possibly not be worth it to fix it, leaving me to have to make a quick car purchase and do without for a few weeks. However, the fix was only around $700 and it's running better than it has in years.
I needed to dig this thread back up...been sinking into shitty ass thoughts lately and need to reset my focus.
1. I am starting to get close to a couple of coworkers. That is huge for me. I've shared some things with them and they've been positive and unconditionally supportive.
2. My crocuses are coming up.
3. I enjoy the peace and the quiet of my house. It's messy but full of love and happiness these days!
Yay! I need positive, too....
1) Walked for an hour with a friend and talked the whole time
2) Watched DD catch her first pop fly in softball, then saw her catch 4 more... watching them build confidence is great!
3) I have a lead on a job... interview next week.... AAAAHHH
I'm going to chime in again. I had a pretty good day, and there are a lot of things I'm thankful for right now.
1) I am within an hours work of having my parents tax stuff ready for the accountant. (whew!)
2) My grandson hit a ball that bounced off the back wall of the park *almost* over the wall, and he's sooo uptight about batting. This was a huge boost to him. Yay!
3) My daughter and I found an awesome tiara while doing the nasty job of cleaning out the old barn at my parent's house today. I wore it for my daily hot tub excursion, and it made me grin....just because it's so random and soooo "not me".
And it's only Tuesday. This week is looking better than last week by a huge amount. I'll take that!
1. Ice is melting and conditions are improving, so I was able to bicycle commute for the first time yesterday in 2 months! I made good use of my fenders, going through puddles over 6" deep.
2. Ran by the lake this morning and got to see a gorgeous sunrise.
3. Last night, I went out to dinner with a friend to the fanciest restaurant in town (I had a gift certificate.) About 10 minutes into eating, our waitress stops by and says that the chef would like to talk with us. He comes out, thanks us for coming to his restaurant, and says he'd like to make us something special - do we have dietary restrictions? He sends out a fabulous cheese plate and another dish (meat, so I didn't eat it since I'm a vegetarian.) He stopped by to chat a bit later. We finish our meal -- drinks, dessert, etc. We were there for almost three hours eating. THEN, the waitress stops by and says that our meal was on the chef so we can't pay for it!!! We have no idea why, but what a nice surprise and now I still have the gift certificate, so we will be going back in the next few months.
1. I came home from work today to find my kids baking me a birthday cake.
2. Someone at work today, after finding out it was my birthday and how old I am, told me there was no way I could be that age, because I sure didn't look it.
3. I have young adult male children who know how to bake a chocolate cake, from scratch.
phmh! That is just awesome about the chef and free meal!
And inconnu--happy birthday. That is so neat that your boys baked you a cake
I've got three more for today:
1. About to start spring break! I need to recoup!!
2. My students worked very hard and are making good progress. I was impressed with them today.
3. Teslet helped me make dinner...then he helped me 'fold' clothes.
1) I am happy to be friends with wonderful people like PHMH that bring up this topic of three things.
2) Happy I got through some blizzard conditions this morning in West Virginia without getting into a wreck.
3) Happy that I get to get back home tomorrow afternoon to my wonderful dogs who I miss all the time when I am on the road.
And I will be happy to buy PHMH's dinner any time I get up to her town.
[This message edited by Bebba1171 at 10:27 PM, March 27th (Wednesday)]
1. I came in first in my age group in this morning's marathon. Yay!
2. I am tied (with one other person) for second in my department's NCAA basketball pool. We're paying out to third place, and the remaining two games are meaningless to our pool, so I am guaranteed some money. And pride :)
3. To celebrate my marathon finish, I went to a liquor store and came upon a pineapple lambic beer. Pineapple! From Belgium! I had no idea such a fabulous thing existed. I am trying not to get my hopes raised too high in case it doesn't live up to the hype.
1. I have 3 wonderful sister who support me in all that I do. I have no close friends because these sisters are so supportive.
2. I am losing weight and becoming healthy again.
3. My son gave me a hug without me asking him; when I thought he hated me.
That's awesome about your marathon finish phmh!
I had a really good day. My three things today:
1)my aunt came to visit me this morning and we spent time just talking and laughing. It was so much fun.
2) I went shopping this afternoon and found a new rug for my foyer and barstools for my kitchen. Yay!
3) my mom, sister, and I went to dinner and a movie. It was great and we had a blast.
Congratulations PHMH!!!! And I hope the celebratory beer was divine.
Here's my three for today:
1. Teslet and I had a scooby-doo marathon this afternoon...
2. Then we decided to extend it into the evening by hitting the movie store and picking up all the scooby doo's that daddy doesn't have at his house. Very cute watching him try to put the movies up on the tall counter.
3. This morning when Teslet saw that I wasn't feeling well (nasty head cold), he said to me, "Mom, I really think you need a hug to feel better." Best hug ever.
I finished the jewelry I'm making for my kids and/or their prom dates. Just have to drop the bracelets off at the florist so she can attach their corsages.
I was asked to donate a piece to an auction (might bring in some more orders?)
I'm sitting here on my deck enjoying the most delicious cup of coffee ever with the best dog ever!
I've had a fml weekend so I KNOW I need to focus on what I am grateful for.
Good friends who played dominoes with me last night
Saw someone walking their puppy on my street and I said "PUPPY" in my head
Bumper sticker I saw today; "Don't be a dick" just a good rule for how to live life
Here are my three for today:
1) The weather has been gorgeous! Spring is here! Loving the sunshine.
2) I finally hung some pictures on the walls of my new house today. It's looking more and more like a home.
3) I am recovering from my surgery well. I got to go on a walk around my neighborhood today. I was slower, but it was still great just to be able to get out and clear my head.
Rough weekend for me, so this is a "purse from a sow's ear" kind of a list -
1. DD was able to communicate her frustrations today without blowing up.
2. I found duct tape in the garage that matches the bumper that's falling off my van. Now it's securely held in place, and you can't even tell.
3. My checking account balance is positive with 5 days left until payday.
b4me - I believe "Don't be a dick" is a Wil Wheaton thing. Love it!
I feel like shit right now (head cold is morphing into something else and it just sucks).
So here's the good things...
1. grading and lesson plans for the week...done.
2. got out in the backyard (even though I really didn't feel like it) and ended up having a great afternoon with Teslet pulling down all the weeds in the overgrown garden (I swear on the goodness of guinness that I will not let the garden get overgrown this August!)
3. My Teslet is this wonderfully bossy, independent, know-it-all child. He comes up to me and says, "Mom, 'No' starts with O." I say, "It starts with N." He says, "No, silly, it starts with O, listen, 'nO.' " And he is very adament about it but here is what I LOVE about this kid. I tell him to listen and I repeat the word several times till he hears the N at the beginning. He looks at me with wonder on his face, "Mom! You were right. I was wrong!"
God, I wish I would have had a recording of that.
My three things are very long tonight...must be the guinness or the cold medicine or...yeah, probably the guinness and the cold medicine. Good night.