SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
I feel like shit right now (head cold is morphing into something else and it just sucks).
So here's the good things...
1. grading and lesson plans for the week...done.
2. got out in the backyard (even though I really didn't feel like it) and ended up having a great afternoon with Teslet pulling down all the weeds in the overgrown garden (I swear on the goodness of guinness that I will not let the garden get overgrown this August!)
3. My Teslet is this wonderfully bossy, independent, know-it-all child. He comes up to me and says, "Mom, 'No' starts with O." I say, "It starts with N." He says, "No, silly, it starts with O, listen, 'nO.' " And he is very adament about it but here is what I LOVE about this kid. I tell him to listen and I repeat the word several times till he hears the N at the beginning. He looks at me with wonder on his face, "Mom! You were right. I was wrong!"
God, I wish I would have had a recording of that.
My three things are very long tonight...must be the guinness or the cold medicine or...yeah, probably the guinness and the cold medicine. Good night.
1. Gorgeous weather and I was out in it instead of at work!
2. Lawyers emailed to say the state tax auditors accepted my dad's estate return so settlement can proceed.
3. Bought my first piece of patio furniture for my new house. A chair. I have a patio chair!!
Life is good! Not all from today but I'm general..
1. Have spent the last two days outside with the kids! So done being cooped up. :)
2. Had donuts for breakfast. Lol
3. Birthday is Sunday.
1) x is probably going to take a job in a new town- this is fantastic news!!!
2) surgery recovery is going very well. I have been able to get out and walk around my neighborhood two days in a row.
3) both my kiddos were in a good mood last night and this morning! Yay!
1) It's stunningly beautiful outside. Grass is neon green, new leaves, birds everywhere, sky blue.
2) I have 3 paying clients today.
3) I have enough money for now and I am safe.
1. It is a really nice day out. Warm and sunny her in PA.
2. Got my youngest into 2 weeks of summer camp even though I'm a month late getting registered.
3. I have a date tonight.
1) Making good progress moving into SO's this month (no boxes required!)
2) Got new energy efficient tires for my car yesterday.
3) Work has been just the right amount of busy
1. my kids are at home, safe and sound
2. my son is uninjured
3. both my boys handled this situation like the mature young adults they have become
4. (because 3 wasn't enough today) none of my kids' friends were injured, either
(see my post http://www.survivinginfidelity.com/forums.asp?tid=492722 for background info)
inconnu, so glad your son and his friends are OK. How scary!
1. Had a great class at work today about mindset. Can't wait to read the recommended book. Sounds like it could be life-changing.
2. The thunderstorms and heavy rain stopped just long enough for me to bike home from work. I'll believe the weather forecast the rest of this week and most likely drive instead!
3. I'm about to do some yoga and then listen to a lecture on practicing mindfulness. Great way to end the day!
1) I had a lady at work today say I was "tiny" and she wished she was as "tiny" as me! This is the first time I have EVER been described as tiny!!! I have lost almost 70 pounds, but am no where near tiny- but I'll take it! :)
2) my oldest ds was voted king of his grade for the Spring Fling event at his school. He is so proud.
3) I realized in divorce care tonight what great progress I've made and that I'm really doing a pretty good job of putting my life back together! Love those epiphanies!!!
1. Had a great visit with a friend who was back in town after working in Afghanistan for a year! Missed her so much.
2. My SO surprised me by packing a lunch for me this morning. Might be a minor thing... But no one has packed a lunch for me since I was a kid. He was so proud if it; wanted me to be healthy and stop skipping lunch. Doritos, a little Debbie snack and a sandwich with A LOT of meat. Not really "healthy" but sweet
3. Got tickets to see Pat Benatar on Saturday and John Cougar Mellencamp tomorrow. I get to relive the crazy 1980's!
[This message edited by HappilyUnMarried at 9:59 PM, April 10th (Wednesday)]
1. Taxes are done and refund is coming!
2. My DD got her braces off.
3. Van is fixed and it only cost $39!
1) had a lot of fun at lunch with coworkers
2) I completed a project at work that I have been working on for months! Yay!
3) my boys and I went to the store to pick out supplies for the new puppy we're getting this weekend!
1. this work week is over
2. I had leftovers from lunch so I didn't have to make dinner
3. I haz wine
1) my Sunday school teacher told me today that she could see such a difference in my face lately, that I was just shining and my eyes are sparkling again. That made me feel good.
2) my boys came home early today! :)
3) our new puppy slept good all night last night!
1. My offer was accepted, so as long as the inspection goes well, I will soon be the proud owner of my dream house. It's a fabulous Victorian, and it totally fits my personality and lifestyle. In my dream neighborhood. Pinch me!
2. Rain held off on my bike ride home, and I got to see so many birds (mergansers, heron, red-winged blackbirds, ring-billed gulls, herring gulls, mallards, coots [my favorite]) I love that I can bicycle commute now. Turns what used to be the most stressful part of my day into enjoyable exercise.
3. My parents were up this weekend, and we decided to homebrew together once I have my house! It's a hobby I shared with XWH, but he didn't let me do much. My dad is so excited and already trying to decide what to brew first. Yay!
Good luck on the inspection phmh!
1) we had a recognition lunch at work and I got to publicly thank my staff- it was great. They appreciated it, so it was worth it!
2) my boys and I had a good homemade dinner together tonight!
3) because the kiddos have statewide testing this week- no homework tonight!
4) I went for my evening walk tonight and the weather was just perfect! And the sunset was beautiful. :)
1. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm riding my motorcycle to work. :)
2. I'm also going out for Bosnian food tomorrow. I really like Bosnian food.
3. This is the first birthday in 11 years where I have been single. I'm OK with that.
[This message edited by h0peless at 8:40 PM, April 23rd (Tuesday)]
Love this thread :-)
1. My kids are healthy and (mostly) happy
2. I had a hard day, but it's over now and tomorrow is a new one.
3. I'm in the midst of a serious True Blood marathon with a glass of my favorite wine.
t/j- Zamas- I love True Blood! Can't wait til it's back on this summer!! -end t/j