SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
Eta- double post!! Sorry!!!
[This message edited by Survivor3512 at 9:16 PM, April 23rd (Tuesday)]
Hope all goes well with the house inspection, phmh!
And Zamas...love a True Blood marathon:)
Here are my three things today...
1. I've definetely made a friend at work! This is awesome for me because I haven't made a new friend in...oh...years and years. I'm learning that I can have my own life...I didn't need to depend on ex-shat for that.
2. Teslet and I baked an apple pie tonight...it wasn't cooled off by his bedtime...so I promised him we would have special apple pie for breakfast.
3. I don't need a third thing tonight, the two above have me feeling great about life.
1. Called the court house and found out my $500 earnest money dispute check is almost on it's way back to me after being tied up there for 7 months when my townhouse purchase fell through.
2. The man in my life continues to prove he is beyond mature, supportive and happens to be sexy.
3. My young son announced he was happy because he gets to see both of his parents often. YAY!!!!!!
I had a really good day today and busted out of my funk!!
1) the sun finally came out and I got to take a good long walk around the neighborhood
2) my kids and I got to play outside this afternoon
3) I got a call from one of my best friends who is going through a really hard time right now and I was just so happy to be able to help her.
1. Home inspection went really well and I love the house more than I did the first time. Still working out details, but it should be mine in about 6 weeks. Yay!
2. Only worked for two hours today (due to the home inspection) so had lunch with a friend, then walked with another friend and her dogs, went running, and was still home for dinner by 5:30. I could get used to working 2 hours per day :)
3. I'm going to a baseball game with my dad tomorrow night. We had season NCAA basketball tickets together with a friend of his this year (family friend; like an uncle) and he said he missed getting to see me so often so he invited me along. I love baseball!
1. It's been more than two weeks since I quit smoking cold turkey. My insomnia has faded over the past couple of nights and I'm feeling great about myself.
2. The bank finally scheduled an appraisal for the house tomorrow. FINALLY, some motion in the short sale. With any luck, I'll be out of my beautiful home in an affluent part of town and renting a small room from my brother in the next couple of weeks. It can't come soon enough for my bank account.
3. I'm taking next Thursday off for a dentist appointment. I've decided to ride my motorcycle and ride it up Mt. Lemmon (26 miles, almost 7,000 feet gain in elevation and the most beautiful, twisty road you can imagine) and get a slice of pie afterwards. I'm so excited!
1. It's May and it feels like it
2. Mowed the lawn and Teslet was a great little helper...doing watering jobs and moving rocks. (Ok, the rocks didn't need to be moved but a four year old boy needs something 'tough' to do )
3. At dinner on the deck this evening. Perfect evening.
3 things great today:
1) Did not get into fight with XH regarding summer visitation. I kept repeating, I need the dates you will have children. When he threatened to take them from me, I remembered this: He's not giving me any dates for the summer, probably not going to full custody! LOL
2) Had a great day at work!
3) Our home is so quiet w/o XH here!
1) the landscaper finally started on my yard!!! It no longer looks like a dirt field!
2) I had a meeting with a customer at work that went very well!
3) I had a cutest flirt with me today. Nothing major, but it made me feel good and put a little spring in my step the rest of the day.
1. I've knocked some of the major projects off my to-do list.
2. Piano is tuned and repaired!!! (No more legos making my keys clink...or whatever it was causing that sound.)
3. My kitchen counter is clean, my table has a table cloth on it.
4. Someone who looks like a really great guy on a dating site would very much like to meet me...even AFTER learning just how many kids I have!
5. I'm going to a play on Friday that I'm really looking forward to, with someone else whose company I really enjoy.
6. XWH took off out of town for, oh, 3-1/2 weeks or so, cause ya know, I'm fine dealing with 2 jobs and a houseful of kids on my own and...we're absolutely fine. The kids are doing great while I'm at work in the evenings, pulling together, doing their chores. In fact, I think in many ways, we actually do better with him out of town, because the kids have a SCHEDULE and are on the computer and TV less. My 18 year old daughter does better putting her little brothers to bed at BEDTIME than XWH, who lets them stay up till 9:30, 10, 10:30.
1. I had a conflict with my inlaws and it helped me realize that they are not my problem anymore. It was sad but very freeing.
2. I love my kids. They help me through every dark moment. Not even on purpose, but I can't crawl into bed when they need dinner, homework help, have practice etc. they help me keep plodding forward.
3. I have money in the bank and my bills are paid. Today, at least.
1) On may home to my Girlfriend and my doggies after being out west all week.
2) I got to see my little sister and her two kids while in San Diego. I took my 10YO niece some flowers since her birthday was today and she gave me the best hug.
3) One of my longtime friends at work retired at the beginning of this year and his jerk boss did not do anything for him in recognizing him. I held a dinner for him last night with his best work friends and we had awesome time. My friend was so appreciative.
Can't wait to get my Corgi's out of jail and start my Corgi Orgi!
Yikes -- this had almost gotten bumped to page 4! Nothing extraordinary has happened recently, but sometimes that is a really good thing!
1. Got some major compliments at work from a few of the top guys this week.
2. Bought a cookie at lunch today, and it was one of the best cookies I have ever eaten. So delicious!
3. After tomorrow, I am done with long runs for a few months, which means I'll have time to focus on yoga and lifting. I am starting to get too imbalanced with too much running!
Phmh- good luck with your ultra marathon tomorrow!
1) I met a seemingly really nice guy and he asked me out to dinner for next Thursday. Excited!
2) I got to spend the evening with my kids at their school's spring fling. We had a great time.
3) Our whole group at work went to lunch today. It was so much fun. I work with an awesome team!
1. I had lunch and a wonderful conversation with a dear friend.
2. I spent hours with my son today.
3. I was not run off the road by the crazy motorist that deliberately pulled into my lane trying to make me swerve off the road. He was doing about 90-100 in the 50 mph.
1. Beautiful evening. Soft breeze. Good beer. Fabulous family.
2. Love road tripping with my kid and my dog. Something simple and wonderful about it.
3. Hit a good run this evening.
1. Beautiful night hanging out with DD15 and DD10 and her best friend. Awaiting the pizza delivery guy any minute.
2. Being able to tip pizza delivery guy well and not worry about it and not having to listen to XH complain about it.
3. Looking forward to 3 1/2 weeks in Europe with DD15 and DD 10.
1. The 20-ton "sell my dang house" monkey is finally off my back.
2. Just 2 weeks until DD gets into her treatment program.
3. Bedtime is here!
Three things are hard to write because I have way more then three!!
1)My move home is down to 12 days! Yay!
2)My DD23 is so thoughtful: we got a new phone plan, phones were mailed to her place, she set mine up and mailed it to me: and when I turned it on there was a photo that read: “I'm so proud of you Mama. I love and miss you! I will see you in our new place in August!”
3)I am moving everything I have packed into the garage today (it will be easier to load the truck on the 30th).
4)I have been apply for jobs in CO from WI and have had six phone and online interviews … and scheduled face to face interviews for the first week of my arrival!
5)Spring has sprung the birds are singing and I am almost home!
I love reading everyone's replies. :)
1. Spent time with my cousin who I rarely get to see.
2. Got to play with his super cute puppy.
3. Got a helluva deal on a new swing set for the kids.