SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1. Out in Washington State this week. Beautiful area.
2. My son and I got second in a golf tourney last weekend and won over three hundred bucks
3. Looking forward to helping my son with his high school valedictorian speech tonight
1. Sitting at my dining room table with a view of the ocean and working at the same time.
2. Just got my start date for well paying contract job. That will knock off any residual debt from my marriage.
3. Looking forward to seeing a really good man on Thursday night.
[This message edited by fraeuken at 11:09 AM, May 21st (Tuesday)]
1) Home remodel. My place with SO is starting to look so fantastic I actually want to invite people over!
2) Bowling. My bowling team placed first in the second half; we are battling the first half champs for league bragging rights and a free tournament on Friday. Next week we have our end of season tournament in Vegas, where we relax and win money no matter how we bowl.
3) The finish line. Home remodel and bowling season are almost over so I will finally have free time to rest, paint, and train for my Grand Canyon hike.
1. Today is the one year anniversary of my divorce being final. Last week should have been my 12th wedding anniversary. I feel amazing and can't believe how much difference one year makes (the day of my divorce I couldn't believe how much I cried.) Haven't even felt like crying in months -- I'm just way too happy!
2. I badly sprained my ankle during my 50K race Mother's Day weekend. Made things worse by running 22 more miles after the injury. Shockingly to me, this forced rest has not killed me (good thing it didn't happen right after D-Day!) and I get to run again Friday morning!!!
3. The new season of Arrested Development is released this weekend. I have been waiting and having my hopes dashed about this since the show went off the air. My parents and sister and I are having a marathon viewing party/fancy beer fest/sleepover and we are all so excited!
1. My furry kids are hilarious w/their goofy antics
2. Got my fab b-day outfit today
3. Made the most delicious quiche today (first time ever)
1. My son is finally potty trained!
2. I get to go out and have some me time tonight
3. I am excited about Memorial Day weekend and the 2 bbq parties I'm attending
1. While I was on the computer this evening, Teslet sat down in a chair beside me and proceeded to unburden himself about something that happened at school that really bothered him. I am so lucky that his little 4 year old self feels safe enough to 'discuss' his troubles with me. I hope he always feels he can come to me
2. New Daft Punk album came out and I'm LOVING it. Been jamming to it all night long.
3. I managed to get the backyard mowed this evening...which means I can spend this weekend doing something else
Greetings all-old timer here! Thanks for not deleting me for inactivity...
Tomorrow is my 1st wedding anniversary. If I was with ex, it would've been 25. Still and all, I am much better off. Current hubby lost his wife to acute myocardial infarction at he age of 47. not so much different than what I experienced as a kid, so I was able to connect with his kids. (my mom was 55).
I have so many things to be thankful for: My kids are so great, my new stepkids are really terrific kids. They all get along. I have a great hubby. And ex... I honestly don't even think about him anymore. He rarely sees his kids. His loss...
I think I listed 3 things...
[This message edited by Beautiful at 10:34 PM, May 23rd (Thursday)]
1. Saw Paul McCartney in concert the other night. Great show, lotsa old Beatles songs. Probably last opportunity I will have to see a live Beatle!
2. Gonna spend Memorial Day weekend with my SO and kids jetskiing on the lake. How fun is that?
3. Started lo-carb diet to lose some of the 10 pounds I gained since dating SO. Got on the scale today and I have lost 5 pounds so far!
1. 20 year old ds moves out of my house today to start school in another state. Feels like another NB
2. Beautiful sunny day today
3. Weekend plans include a brunch for 3 good friends at my house on Monday.
1. It is so beautiful outside. The sky and lake were so blue, it's a good thing I didn't have a ton of work to do today as I spent way too much time gazing at the beauty of it all!
2. One of my coworkers decided to buy lunch for the office. Now I get to eat what I'd packed for lunch for dinner instead. Score!
3. I was able to run today for the first time in nearly two weeks. Pain free! Going to try again tomorrow.
1. I close on my dream house two weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait! It's a fabulous old Victorian and I am going to have a giant, over-sized Christmas tree! And a guest room! And an umbrella stand! And all sorts of other things I couldn't have before!
2. Injury recovery is going well. I am actually easing back into running, as much as I want to go all-in. Going to try my first longer-run since injury on Saturday and I am optimistic it will go well.
3. Saw a great movie yesterday. I joined a film club as part of my NB, so once a month I go to a movie alone. It's great! If "20 Feet From Stardom" comes to your town, see it! It's a documentary about background singers, and it's amazing.
1. Talked to XBF from high school for an hour :)
2. Marrying some friends tomorrow (yay Universal Life Church!!!!)
3. Going to shoot pool w/the guys later
1. Realizing that everything is going to be OK.
2.Forgiving myself for whatever I blamed myself for
3.New wonderful, supportive friends that I can support also.
1. Had a really great power yoga class this evening. I've always wanted to be able to sit cross-legged and lift up my body, supported only by my arms. I made progress in that in class today, so I think I'll set the goal to be able to do that by the end of the year.
2. For the past two weeks, the weather forecast has indicated that it's going to rain in the afternoon. I've chanced it and ridden my bike to work anyway. And I've made it there and back, dry. Let's see if my luck can hold out the rest of the week!
3. A work friend gave me a bag of clothes that she'd grown out of. She has fabulous taste, and much of it fits me! One dress is this bright red, off the shoulder ball gown that is smashing. I just need to find some place to wear it :)
t/j phmh, even if you don't have an event to wear the dress to, you should get your picture taken in the dress, like in this blog post http://thebloggess.com/2010/05/the-traveling-red-dress/
one of these days, I'm so going to do this. end t/j
1. Having a quiet evening with my cat snuggling, candles lit, listening to a very motivational and educational speech.
2. Having received a voicemail from a wonderful man, just letting me know that he was thinking about me and looking forward to going to worship together on Sunday and then heading out to a fleemarket together after.
3. Looking forward to seeing this wonderful man on Sunday morning and spending the day with him.
And the more I do this exercise, I realize that three things are not sufficient. I could list so many more. Happy days.
1. Son "graduated" from kindergarten today.
2. EXWH called the kids every night this week, and seems to want to be a better dad to them.
3. My kids didn't argue AT ALL this evening!!!
1. Have a job interview next week for a job I really want. It's admin asst which is what I always do, but the hours are 7-330 m-f which is PERFECT and the money is more than I asked for.
2. My daughters softball team upset this other undefeated team with really nasty parents catcalling and heckling the players. It was a nice lesson in sportsmanship and karma.
3. Sangria and Netflix on a Saturday night.
4. Just because.....my WH took the kids for their first overnight last Saturday and I survived. I did it drunk and surrounded by friends, but I did it. I've been a mom since I was 20 and any overnight away (maybe like twice) from the kids was with WH so I was really scared about this, but I did it.
So I *might* just be a little tipsy after a wonderful baseball game and post-game bar crawl with friends, but I'm like -- three things? How can I choose?
1. I am friends with a few people who work for the running store that sponsors me. I was the only non-coworker that was invited to their company outing at the baseball game tonight. So much fun!!!
2. Going out to the bar after was great! The Hawks won the game! There was much celebration!
3.So many people have offered to help me move. It shouldn't anymore, but it still amazes me how fundamentally good most people are. I had a skewed vision of people after thinking that XWH was normal. Since he's a sociopath, he's not. I truly believe that most people are good, and I just got saddled with a bad apple.
Hope everyone else is doing fantastic! Life is great!